RTI International is one of the world's leading research institutes, dedicated to improving the human condition by turning knowledge into practice. Our staff of more than 4000 provides research and technical expertise to governments and businesses in more than 40 countries in the areas of advanced technology, international development, economic and social policy. Universities in North Carolina founded RTI in 1958 as the first scientific organization in and centerpiece of the Research Triangle Park.
RTI International is implementing the USAID funded Leadership, Advocacy, Empowerment, and Development (LEAD) project in Nigeria, a project aimed at improving governance and service delivery at the local government level.
This position is open to experienced local governance professionals and residents of Nigeria only.
We are recruiting to fill the position of:
Senior Services Delivery Specialist
Job Location: Bauchi
- The SSDS is responsible for the design, direction, and implementation of the Service Improvement component and program activities.
Specific Duties and Responsibilities
- Work with other units to ensure compatibility and consistency across the technical components.
- Coordinate with other USG assisted programs to find areas of complementarity
- Contribute to and assist with LG and CSOs assessment activities
- Collaborate with internal and external stakeholders to design and deliver training to local government officials and members of civil society organizations
- Provide final written and verbal reports on program activities as at when due
- Coordinate data collection, information dissemination, training and other program activities with Local Government Coordinators, Communications Manager
- Anticipate program needs, making and following recommendations
- Collaborate with M&E to ensure monitoring is consistent with required results and provide written and verbal feedback to program management staff as needed
- Attend meetings and represent the project on technical issues with/to implementing partners, development partners, and stakeholders
- Assist LEAD financial managers to ensure that timelines and budgets/ financial disbursements for project implementation activities align
- Ensure quality supervision and mentoring for Junior Specialists and Local Government Coordinators on service delivery activities
- Ensure timely preparation of cost-share information on activities with Government partners of the Project
- Other duties as assigned by the leadership of the Project.
Required Experience, Skills and Qualifications for all position
- Bachelors' degree and 10 years or MA degree plus 6 years’ experience
- Degree in political science, public administration, international relations, development studies or related fields
- Experience in northern Nigeria preferred
- Fluency in Hausa language an added advantage
- Excellent technical and managerial skills
- Excellent communication (verbal and written) and interpersonal skills
- Excellent team player who works well independently
How To Apply:
Interested and qualified candidates should please email their cover letters which summarizes how your relevant skills and experience are a match for the position sought and CV's in reverse chronological order to: firstname.lastname@example.org Also include the position applied for in the subject of your email.
Note: Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Due Date: 4th June, 2015
Sorry the application deadline for this job has elapsed