Promasidor Nigeria Limited, a major player in the Nigeria Food & Beverage Industry, and a member of the 30 years old Promasidor group, present in 30 countries pan-Africa.
POSITION : Medical Delegate
- As required by the WHO Code of Ethics on Marketing of Breast Milk Substitutes, as well as the Local Code, and to give effect to the Code, the use of Infant Nutrition products, is increasingly being driven by prescription and recommendation from the medical and health profession.
- They represent the only target audience to which the Infant Nutrition Industry members can communicate and provide information regarding the benefits of Promasidor Infant Nutrition Products.
- The most important person in this communication process therefore is the medical representative (detailer or delegate) He or she is the representative of the company in the face - to -face communication with the medical and health professionals. This is important to build a climate of confidence in which the features and benefits of the Company’ specific product or services can be considered.
- In this context, the company medical delegate acts as the first line ambassadors of the Company to demonstrate the company’s commitment to the WHO Code of Ethics and related guidelines and policies.
- It is pertinent that the profile, training and motivation of the medical delegates are in line with these expectations.
- This document takes into account the need to maximise the contribution of each Company’s medical delegate to the overall company objective while still being ethical.
- Trustworthy, responsible, respectful, full of integrity, commitment to health and nutrition of infants.
- Positive and strong work ethic, accurate reporting and punctual.
- Be a reliable source of information on products to HCPs.
- Explore and build strategic relationship with HCPs for business growth
- Recommend investments and plan of activities to potential contacts
- Identify opportunities for new business.
- Monitor product availability in the territory
- Monitor and benchmark competition
- Work within approved budget
- Identify issues that hinder performance in the territory and offer solutions
- Implement the WHO Code guideline and recommendations.
- Build a reliable and regularly updated list of contacts
- Ensure an effective coverage of assigned territory
- Ensure contact does not exist with pregnant and nursing mothers
- Regularly carry out market surveillance to ensure availability of product range, price maintenance, and monitor competitive activities
- BSc Hons. in the following courses, Nutrition, Biochemistry, Microbiology, Dietetics, Nursing, Pharmacy, Home Economic, Medicine
- One to two years’ experience in a similar role.
Key Competency and Skills Requirements:
- Sound technical and scientific knowledge (including competition)
- Effective oral and written communication ability
- Flexible and easily adapts to changing job demands
- Drive and high level of initiative
- Computer literate.
- Transparency and high ethical standards
- Ability to drive with a valid driver’s license
- Should be based in the Eastern Region of Nigeria preferably, Enugu, Anambra, Asaba, Imo, Abia or Ebonyi.
- The incumbent should also be prepared to be based anywhere in the country or and travel extensively.
Understands that his / her remuneration will not be linked to Infant formula sales
Sorry the application deadline for this job has elapsed