Michael Okpara University of Agriculture, Umudike, formerly Federal University of Agriculture, Umudike, was established as a specialized University by the Federal Government of Nigeria via Act No 48 of 2nd November 1992. It began formal activities in My 1993 with the appointment of the first Governing Council and Vice-Chancellor.
POSITION : Chief Security Officer
- Universities are ever changing entities and therefore are targets for both small scale and professional criminal activities.
- The security objective is therefore to be prepared and be able to respond to security challenges as they occur and where possible plan for and take preventive measures.
- Consequently, the Chief Security Officer (CSO) who shall be responsible to the Vice-Chancellor/Chief Executive for day-to-day security of the University would amongst other duties perform the following functions:
- Development and implementation of security policies and code of conduct.
- Provision of professional advice to ensure that strategies adopted meet all internal and external service delivery requirements.
- Managing crisis and resolving complex risk issues and mitigating activities in response to security related emergency situations.
- The candidate must possess at least a good honours degree with bias in Social Sciences/Humanities with proven knowledge of group dynamics.
- Possession of basic knowledge of ICT application will be an added advantage. In addition, applicant must have at least Fifteen (15) years cognate experience in recognized tertiary institutions or national security establishment and not below the rank of Captain (Rtd.) in the Army, Deputy Superintendent of Police (Rtd.) or Deputy Chief Security Officer in a Tertiary Institution.
- Candidate must not be over Fifty (50) years of age at the time of appointment. The appointment is for a tenure of five (5) years. However, retired Officer from reputable Security Agencies who are not more than fifty-five (55) years may apply on Contract basis.
- Candidates for the post must have exhibited considerable degree of competence, responsiveness and demonstrable integrity in security matters in a University or similar organization.
- Applicant must be in good health to be able to endure the rigours of the duties of a Chief Security Officer.
CONTISS 12: (#2,025,517.00 - #2,838,325.00)
POSITION : Principal - Michael Okpara University of Agriculture, Demonstration Secondary School, Umudike
- The Principal is the head of the University Demonstration Secondary School and responsible to the Vice-Chancellor for the day-to-day running of the affairs of the School.
- Candidates must show considerable competence, responsiveness and demonstrable integrity in running the affairs of a standard Secondary School.
- Candidates must possess at least a Bachelor's degree in Education with at least Fifteen (15) years cognate experience of which five (5) years must be at the level not below Vice-Principal in a Government-owned Secondary School.
- Candidate must not be above Fifty-five (55) years.
- The appointment is for a tenure of five (5) years. However, retired Principals from reputable Government Schools who are not more than sixty (60) years may apply on Contract basis.
CONTISS 14: (#3,363,134.00 - #4,462,271.00)
POSITION : Director of Sports
- The Director is responsible to the Vice-Chancellor for the day-to-day administration and coordination of activities of the Sports Directorate.
- The candidate must possess at least a good Bachelor's degree in Physical Education or related discipline from a recognized University plus a minimum of Twenty-One (21) years cognate experience, five (5) of which should be at a level not below the rank of Deputy Director of Sports in a University or a similar institution.
- The position is for a tenure of five (5) years.
- Candidates for the post must show considerable degree of competence, responsiveness and demonstrable integrity for the running of Sports Directorate of the University.
CONTISS 15: (#4,058,263.00 - #5,316,520.00)
How To Apply
Interested and qualified candidate should forward Fifteen (15) copies of type-written Application with Curriculum Vitae in the following order:
- Full Name (Surname first)
- Phone Number
- Date of Birth
- Place of Birth and State of Origin
- Permanent Home Address (Not P.O. Box or P.M.B.)
- Marital Status
- Name and Address of spouse (If married)
- Number of Children with Names and Ages
- Next of Kin
- Institutions Attended with Qualifications and Dates
- Employment History with Dates and Status
- Present Status
- Salary Scale
Name and Address of three Referees who must be requested by the applicant to forward and marked confidential: at the top left hand corner of the envelope reports to:
Michael Okpara University of Agriculture, Umudike,
Applicants should forward their correspondence to:
Michael Okpara University of Agriculture, Umudike,
Note: Position applied must be written at the top left hand of the envelope, and reach the Registrar before the closing date.
Sorry the application deadline for this job has elapsed