Hospitality/Travel Services Head at the International Institute of Tropical Agriculture (IITA)
The International Institute of Tropical Agriculture (IITA) operates an International House (I-House), with 108 well-appointed rooms, spacious dormitory facilities, and a conference hall that is an ideal venue for organizing workshops, retreats, team building exercises, or a relaxing weekend with the family. The campus also has leisure and recreational facilities, and a community store which offers basic household goods for campus residents.
POSITION : Head, Hospitality and Travel Services
This position reports to the Deputy Director General-Corporate Services. The tasks are as follows:
- Manage I-House, Ikeja Guest House, Abuja Guest House to international standards and oversee Travel Services and Sports centre.
- Manage bookings and the use of the IITA Ibadan Conference Centre
- Continue to enhance revenue generation through effective use of Hospitality and Travel Service facilities.
- Ensure effective cost recovery of all operations, and meet the set zero budget targets.
- Provide continuous staff training and good customer care.
- Lead, recruit, develop and retain staff to deliver services in the most efficient and effective manner.
- Plan and manage new acquisitions, maintenance and upgrade of facilities of all IITA guest houses as required.
- Initiate energy saving methods.
- Ensure delivery of effective client focused services.
- Give professional support to leisure activities on the Ibadan compound and organize social events to enhance the quality of social life on IITA campus.
- Carry out any other duties as may be assigned by management.
- The candidate should have a BSc/BA degree in Business Administration, Hotel/Hospitality Management or other relevant field.
- Any related advanced degree will be an added advantage.
- Minimum of 10 years proven experience with five at a Senior Management level in the hospitality business/corporate travel unit of an international organization.
- Working knowledge of MS Office and relevant software (e-g. ERP); knowledge of hotel management software (PMS) is an advantage.
- Understanding of all hotel management best practices and relevant laws and guidelines.
- Knowledge of international travel regulations, customs and currencies.
- Solid understanding of hospitality procedure and best practices.
- Excellent analytical mind with strong business acumen.
- Ability to balance customer and business priorities.
- Knowledge of quality standards (e.g. ISO).
- Demonstrable aptitude in decision-making and problem-solving.
- Reliable with ability to multi-task and work well under pressure.
- Outstanding communication (oral and written) and good negotiation skills.
- Excellent hands-on experience in customer service or sales management skills.
- Good interpersonal, excellent leadership and organizational skills.
- Numeracy and logistical planning skills. Great attention to details.
- Ability to work effectively in a multi-disciplinary and cross-cultural environment.
- Fluency in English; knowledge of other languages is a plus.
The contract will be for an initial period of three years with possibility of renewal based on performance and availability of funding. IITA offers internationally competitive remuneration package paid in U.S. Dollars.
Sorry the application deadline for this job has elapsed