FHI 360 is a nonprofit human development organization dedicated to improving lives. FHI 360 serves more than 70 countries and all U.S. states and territories.
POSITION : Senior Finance and Administrative Officer
- The Strengthening Integrated Delivery of HIV/AIDS Services (SIDHAS) project is a five-year PEPFAR program to provide high quality HIV/AIDS services, and to build the capacity of the public and private sectors in Nigeria in order to provide these services in a sustainable manner.
- The SIDHAS project is funded by the United States Agency for International Development (USAID).
This position will report to the State Program Manager and will be responsible for accounting and finance and overall administration for the state office and ensure compliance with the contractual requirements of Nigeria’s programs/projects with the objective of providing professional accountancy services consistent with generally accepted accounting principles.
- Provide main support with problem resolution on CO cash accounts, bank resolutions, finance systems, resolution of audited questioned costs, and financial close outs at the state level.
- Ensure the accurate keeping of all books of account for the state office, including checking account, equipment and supply registers and all accounting records.
- Prepare monthly and annual financial reports, including financial status of subprojects account activities.
- Oversee contractual issues for the state office.
- Ensure continuous flow of funds to state office and to sub recipients.
- Provide support to and coordinate the FHI/Nigeria activities within USAID and PEPFAR guidelines and regulations.
- With relevant parties from programs, finance and contracts and grants, develop subproject documents, work plans and budgets.
- Oversee capacity building activities and other support to local implementing agencies (IAs) in the focus states
- Serve as point of contact for logistical and administrative needs in the office.
- Coordinate all administrative and secretarial support services for the field office (as relevant).
- Keep proper office records/filings as appropriate.
- Record minutes of staff meetings and circulates same amongst the field staff.
- Coordinate all travel details/logistics for the staff, consultants and TDyers’ including booking hotel accommodations and arranging for airport and hotel pick-ups.
- Provide logistic support for workshops and trainings.
- Coordinate all records/storage of supplies for the country office.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- BS/BA Degree in Accounting, Finance and Business Administration or its recognized equivalent, and 5 - 7 years relevant experience.
- Or MS/MA Degree in Accounting, Finance and Business Administration or its recognized equivalent, and 3 - 5 years relevant experience.
- Minimum of 3 years supervisory experience in office management and administration.
- CPA, ACA, ICAN, CIMA, CFE or any other relevant professional qualification is required
- Experience in managing financial records of donor-funded organizations, and familiarity with donor and local contractual procedures is an advantage.
Very competitive compensation package.