African Development Bank (AfDB) - the premier pan-African development institution, promoting economic growth and social progress across the continent.
POSITION : Senior System Analyst
The Hiring Department
- The Corporate Information Technology Services Department is mandated by the Bank to deliver the best possible Information Technology services for Bank staff, and help achieve the results that will get the Bank closer to accomplishing its development goals.
- The Business Solutions Development & Maintenance Division is one of the Divisions of the Corporate Information Technology Services department. It is in charge of the design, development, and maintenance of IT solutions/systems to support the Bank business needs. It is also responsible for managing overall Information Technology day-to-day operations relating to enterprise applications, improving performance and end-user satisfaction.
- The Senior System Analyst places particular emphasis on the need to design, build and maintain effective Enterprise Resource Planning applications and system software; Maintain liaison with vendors and repair personnel to obtain required service.
- Responsible for performing functional analysis, requirements definition and Enterprise Resource Planning module configuration and testing.
- Responsible for conducting prototypes development, developing functional specifications, data mapping, functions mapping, setting of configuration tables and setting of transaction/control tables.
Under the supervision of a Chief Corporate Application Services Business Solution Development and Maintenance and /or the Division Manager, the Senior System Analyst will:
- Lead the studies and requirements analysis, implement new or enhanced information systems.
- Supervise configuration changes to accommodate change requests, testing of problem fixes, enhancement assessments and make recommendations to CHIS management and to business users.
- Liaise with the CHIS Help Desk in organizing problem resolution and user support.
- Participate in release upgrade or new functionality/enhancement assessments. Keep abreast of software releases, enhancements/new functionality and perform application research.
- Interact with contract personnel to produce requirements and system documentation for software projects. Serve as Contracting Officer Technical Representative for assigned contract support services tasks.
- Provide specifications to developers or configurator.
- Produce high quality, signed-off business process flows and process controls and accompanying narrative / procedures.
- Build and agrees appropriate test strategies on a project-by-project basis, making re-use of previously proven good practices.
- Ensure that business processes are translated into effective and efficient business applications
- Enable the effective and efficient use and control of IT resources.
- Monitor quality of work produced by functional team, introducing improvements where required.
- Involved in security/authorization set-up, user documentation, data interface design, data migration and reconciliation.
- Act as the Test Lead on projects, ensuring testing is adequately scoped, performed and signed off.
- Work on multiple projects as a project team member, occasionally as a project leader.
- Identify and address business roadblocks to the deployment of solutions.
- Coach junior staff.
- Contribute to growth strategies and long-range planning.
- Master's Degree in Computer Science or equivalent degree in Engineering.
- 5 years’ experience as a Functional /Business / Systems Analyst.
- 4 years of relevant experience on Enterprise Resource Planning system, two of which are one SAP module practice such as SAP FI/CO, MM, HR, SRM, GM and BW, CML.
- Suggest better alternatives and flows to given requirements based on experience.
- Use appropriate data structures and algorithms and come up with generic/object-oriented code that encapsulate aspects of the problem that are subject to change.
- Knowledge of application configuration and development methods and disciplines
- Work under pressure and hit deadlines.
- Problem solving skills: applies business knowledge to the resolution of problems and identifies solutions to the benefit of the client (internal and external) and the organization.
- Communicate and write effectively in French or English, with a good working knowledge of the other language.
- Competence in the use of standard Microsoft Office Suite applications.
- Certification on SAP and / or other Enterprise Resource Planning modules would be an asset.
- Experience in a similar financial multilateral institution would be an advantage.
- Experience with industry standard Systems Analysis tools and methods; i.e. Use cases, Activity Diagrams.
- Experience of Business Process Re-engineering and modelling.
- Experience of working in a large and complex organization.
- Understanding of relational databases, data storage, and SQL concepts.