Programme Associate(Governance and Peacebuilding) at United Nations Development Programme
United Nations Development Programme (UNDP) we encourage the protection of human rights, capacity development and the empowerment of women.
POSITION : Programme Associate- Governance and Peacebuilding
The United Nations Development Programme (UNDP) Nigeria has embarked on a new Japanese-Funded Project ‘Empowerment and Livelihoods Support for the Victims of Boko Haram Insurgency in the North East’.
Under the overall guidance of the Team Leader, Governance and Peacebuilding and the direct supervision of the Project Management Specialist, the incumbent supports effective delivery of the foregoing project and CO programme on governance and peacebuilding by entering and managing data and supporting programme implementation consistent with UNDP rules and regulations.
Support to Formulation of Programme Strategies and Implementation of the Country Programmes and Projects:
- Support to resource mobilization.
- Support of knowledge building and knowledge sharing.
- Support to management of the Japan-funded project and the other CO programme.
- Administrative support to the Programme Unit.
Provides Effective Support to Management of the Japan-Funded Project, with Supplementary Supports to the other CO Project Focusing on the Achievement of the Following Results:
- Creation of a project in Atlas, preparation of required budget revisions, revision of project award and project status, determination of unutilized funds, operational and financial close of a project.
- Supports of financial process of payment to vendors for the projects
- Provision of guidance and communication to the executing agencies on routine implementation of projects.
- Presentation of information for audit of NEX projects, supports implementation of audit recommendations.
Provides Administrative Support to the Project Focusing on Achievement of the Following Results:
- Timely corrective actions on unposted vouchers, including the vouchers with budget check errors, match exceptions, unapproved vouchers.
- Creation of requisitions in Atlas for development projects, register of goods receipt in Atlas.
- Making budget check for requisitions, POs and vouchers.
- Review of NEX projects Financial Reports; preparation of non-PO vouchers for development projects.
- Maintenance of the internal expenditures control system which ensures that vouchers processed are matched and completed, transactions are correctly recorded and posted in Atlas.
Supports Resource Mobilization Focusing on Achievement of the Following Results:
- Analysis of information on donors, preparation of donor’s profile.
- Track and reporting on mobilized resources. Review of contributions agreement, managing contributions in Atlas.
Supports Facilitation of Knowledge Building and Knowledge Sharing in the CO Focusing on Achievement of the Following Results:
- Organization of trainings for the operations/ projects staff on programme.
- Synthesis of lessons learnt and best practices in programme.
- Sound contributions to knowledge networks and communities of practice.
Impact of Results
- The key results have an impact on the overall performance of the Programme Unit and success in implementation of programme strategies. Accurate analysis, data entry and presentation of information ensure proper programme implementation.
- Support the preparation of information for advocacy
- Identifies relevant information for advocacy for a variety of audiences
Results-Based Programme Development and Management:
- Contributing to results through provision of information
- Provides information and documentation on specific stages of projects/programme implementation
- Provides background information to identify opportunities for project development and helps drafting proposals
Building Strategic Partnerships:
- Maintaining information and databases
- Analyzes general information and selects materials in support of partnership building initiatives
- Maintains databases of donor information
- Tracks and reports on mobilized resources
Innovation and Marketing New Approaches:
- Implementing processes and uses products
- Documents and tracks innovative strategies/best practices/new approaches
- Responds positively to new approaches
- Providing information for resource mobilization strategies
- Maintains information/databases on potential and actual donors
- Maintains database of project files
- Provides data and information needed for preparation of project documents
Promoting Organizational Learning and Knowledge Sharing:
- Basic research and analysis
- Researches best practices and poses new, more effective ways of doing things
- Strives to keep job knowledge up-to-date through self-directed study and other means of learning
- Demonstrates good knowledge of information technology and applies it in work assignments
- Demonstrates in-depth understanding and knowledge of the current guidelines and project management tools, and utilizes these regularly in work assignments
- Fundamental knowledge of processes, methods and procedures
- Understands the main processes and methods of work regarding to the position
- Possesses basic knowledge of organizational policies and procedures relating to the position and applies them consistently in work tasks
Global Leadership and Advocacy for UNDP’s Goals:
- Research and analysis
- Identifies relevant information for advocacy for UNDP’s goals for a variety of audiences
- Maintains effective client relationships
- Reports to internal and external clients in a timely and appropriate fashion
- Organizes and prioritizes work schedule to meet client needs and deadlines
- Responds to client needs promptly
- Creating synergies through self-control
- Managing conflict
- Learning and sharing knowledge and encourage the learning of others. Promoting learning and knowledge management/sharing is the responsibility of each staff member.
- Informed and transparent decision making
- Prince2 training and certification, RMG
- Demonstrating/safeguarding ethics and integrity
- Demonstrate corporate knowledge and sound judgment
- Self-development, initiative-taking
- Acting as a team player and facilitating team work
- Facilitating and encouraging open communication in the team, communicating effectively
Skills and Experience
- Secondary Education, preferably with specialized certification in Accounting and Finance. University Degree in Business or Public Administration, Economics, Political Sciences and Social Sciences would be desirable, but it is not a requirement.
- 6 years of progressively responsible administrative or programme experience is required at the national or international level.
- Experience in the usage of computers and office software packages (MS Word, Excel, etc) and advance knowledge of spreadsheet and database packages, experience in handling of web based management systems.
Sorry the application deadline for this job has elapsed