Director, Advocacy and Campaign at Save the Children
Save the Children - We save children's lives; we fight for their rights; we help them fulfil their potential. We work together, with our partners, to inspire breakthroughs in the way the world treats children and to achieve immediate and lasting change in their lives.
POSITION : Advocacy and Campaign Director, Nigeria (ACDNIGERIA)
Responsible for leading on the development and implementation of the advocacy, campaign, media and communication strategy and embedding this across our work to ensure maximum impact in our integrated programs.
The Advocacy and Campaign Director also shares in the overall responsibility for the direction and coordination of the Country Office (CO).
- Degree in Policy, Media, Communications or an area of relevant Social Development.
- 7 years demonstrated experience in progressively responsible positions in advocacy, media and / or campaigns
- Experience in successfully developing and implementing advocacy, campaign and media strategies;
- Track record of leading change, resulting in significant results for the organisation and their stakeholders;
- Excellent English written and verbal communication skills, including the ability to clearly articulate complex issues in a compelling way for a variety of audiences;
- Developed cultural awareness and ability to work well in an international environment with people from diverse backgrounds and cultures;
- Developed interpersonal and communication skills including influencing, negotiation and coaching;
- Experience of managing a team and building personal networks, resulting in significant new opportunities for the organisation;
- Commitment to Save the Children values.
- Master's Degree in policy, media, or communications or an area of relevant social development;
- Excellent understanding of the Nigerian political context and policymaking processes.
Sorry the application deadline for this job has elapsed