Entry Level Data Entry Operators at International Medical Corps (IMC) - 3 slots
International Medical Corps (IMC) - Established in 1984, a humanitarian, non-profit organization dedicated to saving lives and relieving suffering through health care training, relief and development programs.
POSITION : Data Entry Operator
International Medical Corps (IMC), in collaboration with the Harvard School of Public Health (USA) and Epicentre (France), will be supporting a research study, “Reducing the frequency of follow up and task sharing in the treatment of uncomplicated severe acute malnutrition.”
The aim of the research study is to test a new model of care, using a monthly schedule of follow-up with caregiver support for at-home surveillance in the treatment of uncomplicated severe acute malnutrition (SAM).
The research study will be conducted in Sokoto state (Wamako and Binji LGAs) beginning in June 2017.
The data entry operator will routinely receive and enter individual data collected at the study sites into an electronic database assuring the quality of the data entry, as well as maintain study archives with all entered questionnaires.
- Archive physical records after entry and verification
- Ensure the confidentiality of the data received and entered
- Maintain close communication with Data Manager to anticipate and resolve challenges related to data entry and archival
- Ensure respect for the dignity of CMAM beneficiaries, study participants and program staff
- Other duties as assigned
- Receive and organize individual data records from study sites for efficient data entry
- Enter individual data into electronic data base and execute modifications following verification as needed
- Check completeness of records and report incomplete files to the Data Manager for follow-up
- 1 year experience as Data entry operator, preferably in CMAM programmes
- Fluent in written and spoken English and Hausa
- Commitment to and understanding of IMC’s aims, values and principles
- Degree in Statistics.
- Proficiency in computer applications such as Epi Data, Epi Info or Stata
- Oral and written communication skills
- Team player
- Respect confidentiality of data collected and dignity of participants/ beneficiaries is essential
- Extremely flexible, motivated and have the ability to cope with stressful situations
- Experience with research is a plus
How To Apply
Candidates should addressed their applications to " the Human Resource Manager, International Medical Corps" via the email:firstname.lastname@example.org
Sorry the application deadline for this job has elapsed