Vacancy for Study Nurse Supervisor at International Medical Corps (IMC)
International Medical Corps (IMC) - Established in 1984, a humanitarian, non-profit organization dedicated to saving lives and relieving suffering through health care training, relief and development programs.
POSITION : Study Nurse Supervisor
- International Medical Corps (IMC), in collaboration with the Harvard School of Public Health (USA) and Epicentre (France), will be supporting a research study, “Reducing the frequency of follow up and task sharing in the treatment of uncomplicated severe acute malnutrition.” The aim of the research study is to test a new model of care, using a monthly schedule of follow-up with caregiver support for at-home surveillance in the treatment of uncomplicated severe acute malnutrition (SAM).
- The research study will be conducted in Sokoto State (Wamako and Binji LGAs) beginning in June 2017.
- The Study Nurse Supervisor will be responsible for providing training and daily supervision of study staff, ensuring overall quality of study procedures and contributing to routine reporting to track study progress.
- This is an outreach position requiring visiting 5 health centers and community locations.
- Coordinate with study partners (Epicentres, SMoH, health facility staff and UNICEF) and other stakeholders present at the OTP and community locations to facilitate study activities
- Compile site reports on a weekly basis and assure information is complete and accurate
- Maintain an organized workspace to ensure all study reports and materials are clean, secure and used effectively
- Backstop the Field Investigator and study nurses when necessary
- Ensure respect for the dignity of CMAM beneficiaries, study participants and program staff
- Other duties as assigned
- Responsible for the performance of a team of 11 study Nurses and 3 Nutrition assistants, as such provide
- Daily supervision to ensure adherence to study procedures and daily review of all data collection
- Ensure proper collaboration within the team
- Set the monthly planning and schedules for each position
- Update staff database (follow up the present and absences, working hours, breaks and collect absence justifications)
- Review study protocol and procedures with staff every two weeks and provide training as needed to ensure comprehension and high-quality implementation of study procedures, including admission/discharge criteria, educational counselling, and clinical management/transfer to hospital
- Responsible for assuring sufficient study-related equipment and stocks at study sites
- Support maintenance of hygiene and the overall state of the OTP and SC (cleanliness of rooms, water quality etc.)
- Maintain close communication with Field Investigator and IMC staff to track study progress, monitor logistical needs and anticipate challenges
- Fluency in written and spoken English and Hausa is a MUST
- Commitment to and understanding of IMC’s aims, values and principles
- Degree in Nutrition or Food Science or any other related Natural Sciences and over two (2) years’ experience in Nutrition, especially CMAM programs
- Diploma in Nutrition or Food Science or any other related Natural Sciences and over three (3) years’ experience in Nutrition, especially CMAM programs
- Communication skills: oral, written and presentation skills
- Ability to supervise a team and be culturally sensitive
- Respect confidentiality of data collected and dignity of participants/beneficiaries is essential
- Extremely flexible, motivated and have the ability to cope with stressful situations
- Experience with research is a plus
- Proficiency in computer applications such as word processing, spreadsheets, and email
How To Apply
Cndidates should send their applications and CV's addressed to the "Human Resource Manager", International Medical Corps via:firstname.lastname@example.org