Investigation & IT Forensic Officer at African Development Bank (AfDB)
Banking and Finance
African Development Bank (AfDB) - the premier pan-African development institution, promoting economic growth and social progress across the continent.
POSITION : Senior Investigation & IT Forensic Officer
The Hiring Department
- The Office of Integrity and Anti-Corruption plays an integral role in achieving this mandate by protecting the Bank’s corporate image and reputation, and improving the continent's investment climate through the deterrence, prevention and reduction of fraud, corruption, staff misconduct and other harmful practices within the Bank Group.
- The Investigations Division, has the overriding mandate to undertake unhindered investigations into allegations of corruption, fraud and other malpractices in Bank Group Financed Operations and conduct investigations into allegations of misconduct involving staff members of the Bank.
- Responsible for conducting Computer Forensic seizures, analyses and technical support in investigations into allegations of fraud, corruption, other sanctionable practices, and misconduct involving Bank Group Staff, with regard to Bank Group financed operations, administrative budgets and misuse of Bank resources.
Under the supervision and guidance of the Division Manager, the Senior Investigation & It Forensic Officer will:
- Perform tool testing for updated forensic tools against standard forensic data
- Prepare detailed reports of forensic examinations
- Advice and support investigators of the Division and, on request, Regional Member Countries by providing expertise in computer forensics
- Undertake system and network administration tasks to support the operations of investigators of the Division in a networked environment
- Conduct field work, controlling evidence and data collection and reviewing documents and information gathered in the course of an investigation to ensure that investigation objectives are achieved, that evidence is protected, and adequately support the findings, conclusions and recommendations of the investigation
- Prepare Quarterly Activity Reports containing the status of allegations, preliminary reviews and assignment progress for the attention of the Manager - Investigation Division.
- Contribute to special initiatives/projects and undertake other ad hoc assignments upon demand
- Conduct and otherwise assist in preliminary inquiries into allegations of fraud, corruption or misconduct as the needs of the division require and ensure confidentiality of the process
- Review and analyse allegations and whistle-blowing information to determine relevancy and reliability, conduct sensitive interviews and other investigative research activities
- Assist in coordinating and conducting pre and post investigative activities including analysis and prioritization of new allegations and whistle-blower information
- Undertake investigations and deliver highest quality related investigative work product
- Prepare Investigation Reports relating to investigative findings, discuss and defend the findings, conclusions and recommendations
- Prepare Management Implication Reports resulting from internal control weaknesses giving rise to the occurrence of an investigative event
- Advice and support Investigators on IT and IT Forensic matters
- Provide technical support on requests coming from within the Bank and from Member countries and other MDBs on fraud and corrupt activities
- Define, propose and integrate various technological solutions to enhance IT-based intelligence gathering and preventative measures
- Carry out computer forensic examinations to be admissible as evidence in tribunal proceedings such as: - capturing and seizing electronic data
- Analyse electronic data and computer storage devices, i.e. hard disks, tapes, etc. - tracing computer usage and history from OS logs and application files etc.
- Maintain the hardware and software in the computer forensic laboratory and keeping abreast with technical developments in digital forensic equipment, software and techniques
- Managing and conducting missions to capture and seize electronic data
- Manage and assure backup of electronic evidence in the forensic laboratory
- A Master’s degree (MSc) in Information Security, Computer Science, Information Technology or related field
- 5 years of relevant post qualification experience, with at least three (3) years of demonstrated IT forensic work
- Communication and presentation skills, both oral and written; proven ability to clearly and concisely prepare, present, discuss and defend issues, findings and recommendations at senior levels and to produce complex and compelling briefs, reports, papers, etc
- Interpersonal skills, including the ability to work effectively in a team/task force as participant or team leader and with senior officials internally and externally
- Interviewing skills, capacity to influence and win the confidence of difficult witness
- Work independently and manage challenges
- Competence in IT Forensic software and techniques
- Communicate effectively (written and oral) in English or French, preferably with a working knowledge of the other language
- Competence in the use of the Bank’s standard software applications (Word, Excel. Power point)
- Certification in any computer forensic software is advantageous
- Integrity, good judgment, fairness and discretion in dealing with staff and external parties
- Knowledge in essential aspects of computer security in multi IT areas: database, development, network, operating systems, IT security, specific applications security, etc
- Knowledge of Digital Forensic Software
- Substantial experience in IT Forensic and investigative works, preferably investigations relating to fraud and corruption in public or private sector, such experience may include criminal prosecutions or defense work, internal fraud/corruption and/or misconduct investigations in a corporate or government setting, tracing stolen funds etc
Sorry the application deadline for this job has elapsed