2017 LiveWIRE Nigeria Programme - Shell Petroleum Development Company of Nigeria Limited (SPDC)
The Shell Petroleum Development Company of Nigeria Limited (SPDC), operator of the NNPC/Shell/Total/Agip Joint Venture (SPDC JV) announces the commencement of the 2017 SPDC JV LiveWIRE Programme specifically targeting youths from host communities along Trans Niger Pipeline (TNP) Right of Way in Ogoniland.
LiveWIRE aims to inspire, encourage and support young people aged 18-35 to start their own businesses through the provision of training and finance for young entrepreneurs.
POSITION : 2017 LiveWIRE Nigeria Programme
The objectives for the LiveWIRE programme are to:
- Enable youths to establish businesses by providing business planning and management skills through the ‘Become a Successful Business Owner Course’.
- Provide business start-up grants for candidates with the best business plans.
- Link successful candidates to third parties like banks, Non-Governmental Organizations (NGOs) and allied financial institutions.
- Provide a volunteer mentoring programme for successful candidates.
- Business Start-up (How to access finance & technology)
- Post start up (Mentoring and Market linkages)
- Pre-start up:- Value and Organize Yourself (VOY)
- Bright Ideas workshop (BI)
- Become a Successful Business Owner (Business Planning & Management)
- Value Chain workshop
- Must be resident in Rivers State
- Must have an innovative business idea
- Must desire to own and manage a business
- Male and female applicants who are indigenes of communities in the following Local Government Areas of Rivers State: Eleme, Tai, and Gokana.
- Must possess a University degree or HND in any discipline.
- Must have completed NYSC if within mandatory bracket
Sorry the application deadline for this job has elapsed