JCDecaux Africa an Outdoor Advertising company
POSITION : Construction Manager
The Construction Manager are a part of the building process from the very beginning, working closely with architects and engineers to go over plans and blueprints, making timetables for the project, determining material and labour costs, negotiating with and hiring subcontractors and workers, scheduling workers on site, gathering permits and making sure everything is up to code.
- Ensures all changes to specifications, work scope and drawings are documented Define clear roles & responsibilities and deliverable requirements in terms of both scope and schedule to all the team members.
- Review man-hours and duration forecasts to completion for onshore construction and man-hours, duration and manning forecasts for offshore hook-up and offshore installation durations and resource requirements.
- Monitor construction productivity and schedule performance and investigate reasons for less than satisfactory performance.
- Provide recommendations and institute measures for improvement by modification to operating procedures/work instructions. Adhere to Company Safety Standards and promote safety culture among the ranks through out the Company.
- Manage and oversee the day-to-day construction management of projects.
- Prepares, supervises and approves the development from construction point of view, and its implementation plus ensuring Lessons Learned are properly documented throughout the life of the project including Project Close-out Manage the construction of JCDecaux structures effortlessly and be the construction representative of our company.
- To plan, develop and organize the construction effort to formulate the most cost-effective plan to timely completion within budget and to implement the execution of that plan.
- Responsible for implementation of the scope of work as related to construction/ fabrication, precommissioning, load-out and offshore installation hook-up and offshore pre-commissioning and commissioning of the facilities in conformance with project specifications, Scope of Work, and in accordance with the approved Project Schedule.
- Monitor and report to Country Manager of project details, including progress, risks and opportunities in a timely manner.
- Any other ad-hoc projects and duties as required by the management.
- Degree in Construction Management/ Related Engineering field 8 to 10 years maximum experience in Structural Engineering, Electrical Engineering, Oil & Gas or Petrochemical or Construction industry.
- Possess construction experience in offshore structures and/or submarine pipeline installation projects. Ability to travel as and when required.
- Interpersonal skills
- Good problem solving skills
- Identify problems and implement an action plan
- Strong grasp of management theories and principles ·
- Excellent communicator with very strong interpersonal skills
- A decision- maker who can work under extreme pressure
- Good organisational skills