Plan International a child-centered international human development organization is recruiting to fill the position below:
POSITION : Admin and Logistic Officer
- Provide administrative and logistical support for the Maiduguri field office in line with policies of Plan International Nigeria, donor requirements and Nigerian laws
- Prepare and file documents for signature and/or action, as necessary and ensure that that proper filing systems are in place for the office
- Support the planning and organization of meetings and workshops
- Ensure that vehicles are in good conditions and liaise with the Field Coordinator about necessary repairs and improvements as necessary
- Provide day-to-day support to staff, including telephones, internet service and office equipment and identify future needs
- Ensure timely welcome services, hotel and flights bookings and other support services for staff and visitors
- Manage contracts and services for the office and delegate houses and apartments.
- Establish and maintain a well-functioning logistics support operation for the field office with special focus in the LGAs of operation
- Ensure compliance with Plan International logistics standards and regulations
- Support other regional logistics needs as necessary
- Manage warehousing inventory
- Perform any other project related duties as specified by the Field Coordinator or DRM manager
- Coordinate logistics and procurement operations with partners, finance, logistics and procurement units
- Maintain records of all outstanding purchase orders with external vendors and arrange transportation and forwarding services for all orders to ensure delivery on schedule
- Prepare reports on personnel and material movement and ensure that reporting requirements are fulfilled in an accurate and timely manner
- Experience in procurement processes and logistics management.
- Experience in office management and staff coordination.
- Writing and speaking in English language
- Understanding of Nigeria’s policy environment
- Interpersonal and communication skills including good listening skills, influencing, negotiation and coaching
- Capacity to build and maintain relationships and to work effectively in a multicultural and multi-ethnic environment respecting diversity.
- Experience with Microsoft Word, Excel, Power Point and Outlook.
- Degree in Business/Public Administration or related field.
- 2 -4 years of experience working in administration and logistics generalist role.
- Excellent writing and speaking skills is required.
Sorry the application deadline for this job has elapsed