Adeyemi College of Education, Ondo State, a leading teacher training institutions establishment in 1964
POSITION : College Librarian
The College Librarian shall be responsible to the Provost for the administration of the College Library with particular emphasis on the virtual library as an effective complement to the conventional library, and the coordination of the Library Services in all the teaching Units of the College.
- Possess MLS with at least 18 years cognate experience. Relevant publications in journals and textbooks equivalent to that of a Chief Lecturer is a must. Possession of a PhD in Library I Information Science will be an added advantage.
- Not be more than 59 years as at the time of appointment.
- Not be below the rank of Principal Librarian in a College of Education/Polytechnic and Deputy Librarian in a University.
- The digitization of all College documents from 1964, the development of an electronic archival system as well as the deployment of an Electronic Document Management System that will usher in a paperless administration make it mandatory for interested applicants for the position of College Librarian to be those that can effectively drive a 21st century e-compliant Library in line with global standards.
Condition of Service
- The successful applicant for the position shall be placed on CONPCASS 9.
- Other relevant benefits and allowances are as spelt out in the College Conditions of Service and as approved by the Governing Council.
How To Apply
Candidates should forward thirty (30) copies of their applications and CV providing the details below :
- Full Names with Surname underlined
- Post Desired
- Place and Date of Birth
- State of Origin/Local Government
- Permanent Address
- Current Postal Address and contact telephone number(s)
- E-mail address
- Marital Status
- Number and Ages of Children
- Name and Address of Next of kIn
- Educational Institutions attended with Dates
- Qualifications (Academic and Professional)
- Previous Employer(s), posts held with dates and duties performed
- Working Experience with dates
- Name and Address of Present Employer
- Publications, if any
- Names, Address and Positions of three (3) Referees who should be requested to forward their reports directly to the Provost
- Any other relevant information
Applications should be submitted under confidential cover in an envelope marked "Registrar" at the upper left-corner and forwarded to:
Adeyemi College of Education,