Teachers at a non-governmental Organization - 5 slots
Neem Foundation a non-governmental, peace-building and conflict prevention organisation is recruiting to fill the position below:
POSITION : Teacher
- You will be responsible for preparing and implementing a full educational teaching plan according to the school’s requirements. It will be fundamental to provide knowledge and instruction to students while also helping them develop their personalities and skills.
- The ideal candidate will be passionate for the job with an ability to reach out to students and create a relationship of mutual trust.
- They will know how to organize a class and make learning an easy and meaningful process.
- The goal is to help cultivate the students’ interest in education and be their dedicated ally in the entire process of learning and development.
- Assess and record students’ progress and provide grades and feedback
- Maintain a tidy and orderly classroom
- Collaborate with other teachers, parents and stakeholders and participate in regular meetings
- Plan and execute educational in-class and outdoor activities and events
- Present lessons in a comprehensive manner and use visual/audio means to facilitate learning
- Provide individualized instruction to each student by promoting interactive learning
- Create and distribute educational content (notes, summaries, assignments etc.)
- Observe and understand students’ behavior and psyche and report suspicions of neglect, abuse etc.
- Degree in Teaching or in a specialized subject with a certificate in Education;
- Proven experience as a Teacher
- Thorough knowledge of teaching best practices and legal educational guidelines partnered with a willingness to follow the school’s policies and procedures
- Excellent communicability and interpersonal skills
- Well-organized and committed
- Creative and energetic
- Strong moral values and discipline
- English Language (Fluent) and Basic understanding of Hausa and/or Kanuri language
Profile of Behaviour:
- Confident, attention to detail, independent judgment, self-starter, reliable, team-player, friendly, flexible, disciplined, adaptable, numerate.
- Practical experience working with victims/ survivors of insurgency.
- Academic or work experience in teaching
- Experience in managing children
- Hausa and/or Kanuri speaker
Sorry the application deadline for this job has elapsed