Neem Foundation a non-governmental, peace-building and conflict prevention organisation is recruiting to fill the position below:
POSITION : Head Teacher
The Head Teacher assists in overseeing and directing the planning, organizing, and implementation of education services for children, in addition to part time classroom teacher duties which will include the developing and implementing individual educational plans for children.
- Works with Teachers, Teacher Assistants and volunteers to use and develop their skills and abilities in planning and carrying out classroom activities;
- Maintain a safe and healthy classroom environment
- Use the playground as an extension of the classroom; assures that the playground is safe;
- Assist in recruiting and orienting volunteers, providing them with guidance as needed,
- Complete and submit required forms and records in a timely and accurate fashion, e.g., lesson plans, time sheets, meal reports etc.;
- Review teachers' lesson plans and schedules
- Guide and facilitate activities of the children, including: daily activities, field trips, selecting and arranging equipment and materials in the classroom
- Cooperate with other staff and classroom groups to maintain the smooth functioning of the centre, which at times may require changes to meet the needs of the children
- Guide children's acquisition of social skills
- Attend staff training and meetings
- Assure that files are complete, accurate, and confidentially maintained; and
- Perform other duties, as may be required.
- A University Degree in any field. Master's Degree in Education or Teaching is an added advantage.
- Knowledge of and experience in project management.
- Strong sense of and respect for confidentiality
- Strong multi-tasking and organizational skills.
- Ability to be flexible and adaptable to changing priorities.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to analyze and solve problems
- Must be able to enter and exit a vehicle without assistance, and withstand exposure to adverse weather conditions; and
- Experience successfully working with a culturally diverse staff and clients.
- Ability to plan, develop, and coordinate multiple projects.
- Skill in organizing resources and establishing priorities.
- Ability to lead and train staff
- Ability to manage conflict and resolve complaints
- Ability to work as part of a team; build and manage professional work relationships with stakeholders.
- Proficiency in using Micro-soft office package
- English Language (Fluent) and Basic understanding of Hausa language, understanding in other local Borno languages
- Must have strong interest in Teaching and admistrative work; working with children, helping people rebuild their lives and work towards the development of Borno State.
Profile of Behaviour:
- Confident, attention to detail, independent judgment, self-starter, reliable, team-player, friendly, flexible, disciplined, adaptable, numerate
- Practical experience working with victims/ survivors of insurgency.
- Academic or work experience in Education
- Experience in managing Human Resources
- Hausa speaker
- Fluent in local languages