Recruitment at Organization of the Petroleum Exporting Countries (OPEC)
Organization of the Petroleum Exporting Countries (OPEC) is recruiting to fill the position below:
POSITION : PR Coordinator
The Public Relations & Information Department is responsible for presenting OPEC objectives, decisions and actions in their true and most desirable perspective, disseminating news of general interest regarding the Organization and the Member Countries on energy and related matters and carrying out a central information programme and identifying suitable areas for the promotion of the Organization’s aims and image.
To assist the Head of Department in formulating strategies for creating and maintaining a positive public image for the Organization and in the execution of these strategies and related policies and decisions; to provide timely information through the most effective means to targeted audiences as well as the general public about OPEC, its aims and objectives, its activities, its decisions and their rationale, and its positions on topical issues in the industry; and to coordinate the programme of the Public Relations Team.
- Monitors public perceptions about OPEC as expressed in the press and at various formal and informal fora and prepares appropriate responses as necessary.
- Conducts briefings for visiting students and groups to the Secretariat.
- Produces, in collaboration with the Editorial and the Design and Production Services teams, special publications (press kits, specialized magazines, flyers, posters etc.) for strategic audiences with the objective of disseminating positive messages about the Organization.
- Produces - with external assistance as appropriate - TV programmes for local, national and international TV channels.
- Identifies and advises on events and activities in which OPEC’s participation could enhance the Organization’s image.
- Advises and assists the Head of Department in elaborating concepts and approaches for increasing public and institutional awareness about the aims and objectives of OPEC as well as OPEC’s positions on topical issues.
- Advises on and assists the Head of Department in initiating and coordinating programmes aimed at promoting the image of OPEC with its role of stabilizing the international oil market.
- Establishes and maintains good network of media contacts and manages media relations through proactive communications by organizing interviews, inputs to editorial supplements, leveraging of OPEC reports etc.
- Advises on advert placements and, with the support of the Editorial and the Design and Production Services teams, on the appropriate editorial format and art work.
- Coordinates visits of journalists at OPEC events, and provides necessary assistance (including arranging interviews, press kits and gift items).
Required Competencies and Qualifications
- University degree in Public Relations, Media Studies, Journalism, Social Sciences or Advertising; Diploma/certificate in Public Relations
- Advanced degree or professional qualification in PR or journalism preferred
- 10 years in PR, whereof 2 years in supervisory/coordinating position
- 8 years in case of advanced degree or professional qualification
- Modern information practice and techniques
- Knowledge of audio-visuals an asset
- Membership of a professional public relations body
- Customer service orientation
- Initiative and integrity
- Managerial & leadership skills
- Communication skills
- Analytical skills
- Presentation skills
- Interpersonal skills
- English, other major languages are an asset
- The post is at grade D reporting to the Head of Public Relations & Information Department. The compensation package, including expatriate benefits, is commensurate with the level of the post.
- Members of the Secretariat are international employees whose responsibilities are not national but exclusively international. In carrying out their functions they have to demonstrate the personal qualities expected of international employees such as integrity, independence and impartiality.
How to Apply
Candidates are requested to fill in a résumé and an application form which can be received from their Country’s Governor for OPEC. In order for applications to be considered, the application form and resume must reach the OPEC Secretariat through the relevant Governor not later than the closing date stated above.
For More Information click here
Sorry the application deadline for this job has elapsed