HR Officer at Johns Hopkins Center for Communication Programs
Johns Hopkins Center for Communication Programs (CCP) - Our mission is to inspire and empower people around the world to make healthy choices for themselves and their families.
POSITION : Senior HR Officer
- Responsible for all Human Resources tasks in line with USAID rules and regulations as well as Johns Hopkins University rules and regulations.
- Responsible for working closely with all technical, finance and admin teams as well as serve as a liaison between the Abuja office and Project HQ.
- Keep all HR files up to date
- Ensure staff timesheets are collected on time with the proper documentation
- Coordinate all hiring details for new staff from drafting the SOW to organizing interviews to submitting the paperwork to Baltimore to liaising with successful candidates
- Ensure proper onboarding of new project staff including orientation to office processes and procedures, personnel manual and any other questions
- Track all staff leave and update staff on leave balances
- Other duties as identified by supervisor
- This position may have direct supervisory responsibilities with time
- Bachelor's Degree or higher in a relevant field (public health, social science, humanities, other).
- Bachelor’s Degree in HR or a closely related subject required, Master’s degree preferred
- 8-10 years of HR specific experience on USAID funded projects in Nigeria.
- Extensive knowledge of Nigerian Labour Law is required which will be tested for all successful candidates.
- Must be fluent in written and spoken English. Fluency in at least one other Nigerian language required.
How To Apply
Candidates should send their cover letter and Curriculum Vitae (CV) as one PDF document to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Any submissions that do not follow the instructions EXACTLY will be discarded without review:
- Your cover letter should include the following:
- Cover letter should list previous all HR experience for USAID funded projects
- List the areas of geographical experience.
- Include the specific date when you would be able to begin work.
- CV and cover letter PDF file name must be your first and last name in CAPS (e.g.: USMAN SEGUN).
- The subject line of your email should read EXACTLY “Senior HR Officer”
- Do not include any additional certificates or documentation
- Finalists will undergo an extensive background check.