African Development Bank (AfDB) - the premier pan-African development institution, promoting economic growth and social progress across the continent.
POSITION : Information Assistant
- A Bachelor's degree in Library Science, Communications, Media Studies, Journalism, International Rations, International Development, Marketing, or another related field.
- Ability to work effectively in a multicultural environment and able to produce high quality work under pressure;
- Ability to carry through initiatives independently in the absence of the team leader and respond to requests for information;
- A minimum of two years of relevant experience in one or more of the following areas: library work environment, information management, journalism, public relations, advocacy, international relations, marketing, development, advertising, digital communications, multimedia agencies, or another relevant field;
- Experience in media relations and systems, using traditional and social media, multi-media and a variety of platforms;
- Experience in organization of large scale events, preferably at the international level;
- Proficient written and verbal communication skills to draft correspondence on a range of topics and ensure quality of documents;
- Proficiency in using advanced functions of standard computer applications and adaptability to use state of the art software for reference databases and dissemination activities;
- Committed team player with demonstrated inter-personal skills and ability to work effectively in a multi-cultural environment.
- Effective time management, team player with strong organizational and people/customer service skills, with demonstrated initiative and resourcefulness;
- Proven skills in planning, prioritizing and coordinating wok and other activities internally and externally;
- Familiarity with the work of the Organization, its mandate, main areas of focus, agencies, entities and departments; current priorities issues;
- Must have an active presence in major social media platforms, including but not limited to Facebook, Twitter, Google+, Instaram, and LinkedIn
- Experience with the systems like the WordPress Content Management System, plus basic knowledge of HTMLS and CSS, will be an advantage;
- Proficiency in Adobe Photoshop, Corel Draw, Illustrator, and in Design an asset.
- Working closely with Communications Team, map major media outlets and compile names of leading journalists who could be relevant for the unit and could be invited to cover the events, etc;
- Assist with social media campaigns around the Forum (e.g. Twitter and Facebook posts);
- Support the team towards achieving deliverables for effectiveness;
- Support the team with retrieval and compilation of data from Client Connection
- Coordinate activities taking priorities into account, monitoring changes, and communicating the information to the manager; set up and manage exhibition booths at events organized and coorganized by the Bank;
- Act as focal point for the management of information support and research matters as required by the manager. Work with the Communications and Economic Complexes within the Bank to source information, publications, brochures and other institutionally significant publications for display at the Information Centre;
- Assist and support the Communications Officer in drafting, editing and proof-reading of all materials that will be posted on the website of the Nigeria Country Department (including, but not limited to concept notes, brochures, lists of participants, press-releases, biographies, etc.);
- Assist in the creation, editing and retouching of photographs and videos;
- Track assigned task/project steps/timetables, coordinates with relevant staff and aid and/or information on related matters;
- Carry out office support work, including managing processes and monitoring schedules related to the teams tasks;
Terms of Employment
6 months contract renewal based on performance and budget availability
How To Apply
Candidates should submit their application letter, a concise Curriculum Vitae (CV) and any supporting documents electronically to:Recruit_RDNG@AFDB.ORG