Tendering Engineer at Subsea 7
Subsea 7 a leading seabed-to-surface engineering, construction and services company is recruiting to fill the position below:
POSITION : Senior Tendering Engineer
The position of Tender Engineer will depend from the Sales and Marketing Department within the Africa region tenders for a broad variety of projects from small service contracts to EPCI contracts in the SURF and Conventional markets.
Reporting to the Tendering Manager, the Senior Tendering Engineer shall be responsible for the overall coordination of the multidisciplinary effort needed to establish Nigerstar 7's proposals from the pre-qualification phase up to the negotiation phase prior award.
Depending of the magnitude and complexity of the tender, the Tender Engineer may be autonomously responsible for the proposal or may second a Project Manager/ Director in the role of Commercial Lead.
- A minimum of 10 years in the oil and gas sector and with various professional backgrounds.
- A significant technical experience in Engineering or Operation Departments associated with a first exposure to commercial challenges (Contract/ SCM/ Tendering) would be appreciated.
- Ability to organize and coordinate team work as well as to promote collaboration within the team.
- Excellent communication skills in English (verbal & written).
- A sedulous worker able to deliver under time pressure.
- Willingness to discover the multi-pronged dimension (technology, execution, legal & contract, finance, commercial) of our projects
- Rigorous to ensure adherence to the Tendering procedures.
- Committed to the highest level of confidentiality and staunchness.
- Ability to take an overall view and critical mind.
- Able to work under pressure and be able to meet tight deadlines;
- Rigorous and thorough, to ensure adherence to the tendering procedures;
- Organizational skills with ability to coordinate team work;
- Strong communication and negotiation skills
- committed to the highest levels of confidentiality and dedication;
- Experience in sub-sea construction ( shallow and deep)
- Experience in projects, in particular Logistic Supports, Mobilizations, Field Engineering and Fabrication.
- Propose cost optimisations by modifying execution plan and commercial strategy.
- Ensure adherence to Nigerstar7’s tendering procedures on tenders
- Maintain thorough records throughout the bidding process to ensure traceability and ultimately efficient handover to project teams.
- Prepare internal documents for the endorsement of submissions by Senior Management in particular Nigerstar7’s PSB, DTT, ATT, ATC.
- Determine the execution plan with the Tender Manager and the actions to be undertaken to achieve the goals of the commercial proposal.
- Define deliverables to be issued by all departments involved in Tender and ensure interfaces (Tendering, Engineering, SCM, Logistic, Operation, Fiscal, Legal and Commercial).
- Tender Project Manager,
- All departments involved in the tender process,
- Partners and clients during negotiation phase.