Berger Paints Nigeria Plc - Founded on the 9th Day of January, 1969, Berger Paints Nigeria Plc is a leader in the manufacturing, development, distribution and sale of paints and coatings to professional, Industrial, commercial and retail customers in Nigeria. We operate in 5 business segements; Decorative, Industrial coatings, Marine and Protecton coatings, Automotive/Vehicle refinishes and Wood Preservers and finishes. Our portfolio includes well known brands such as Luxol,Texcote and Superstar.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Head of Sales and Marketing
Job Location: Lagos
Overall Purpose of Job
To control the sales and marketing operations and to guide the entire sales and marketing team to achieve the set objectives Pan- Nigeria.
Description of Main Activities and Tasks
- Achieve the sales collection targets and the company's budget through the sales and marketing team members;
- Develops policies, standards operating procedures and other guidelines for smooth running of the business;
- Restructures the entire sales and marketing function as necessary to achieve the corporate objectives;
- Works closely with all the cross functional heads to achieve corporate objectives;
- Builds and establishes contacts with key decision makers of the major industries and key clientele for each product segments, government offices, corporate entities, major architects, contractors and business houses and all stakeholders;
- Establishes effective communication link between all grades of employees within the function;
- Plans for and ensures product availability and visibility to meet corporate turnover with the objective of becoming a dominant player in the Nigerian paint market;
- Monitors business environments on changes likely to affect sales positively or otherwise for appropriate action;
- Prepares and submits weekly sales flash/report, monthly sales report as well as reports for board meetings;
- Determines annual unit and gross-profit plans by implementing marketing strategies and analyzes trends and results;
- Establishes sales objectives by forecasting and developing annual sales quotas for regions and territories; projects expected sales volume and profit for existing and new products;
- Implements national sales programs by developing field sales action plans;
- Maintains sales volume, product mix, and selling price by keeping current with supply and demand, changing trends, economic indicators, and competitors;
- Establishes and adjusts selling prices by monitoring costs, competition, and supply and demand;
- Completes national sales operational requirements by scheduling and assigning employees and following up on work results;
- Maintains national sales force by ensuring prompt recruitment, selection, orientation and training of sales team members;
- Maintains national sales staff job results by counseling and disciplining employees; planning, monitoring, and appraising job results;
- Maintains professional and technical knowledge by attending educational workshops; reviewing professional publications; establishing personal networks; participating in professional societies;
- Contributes to team efforts by accomplishing related results as needed.
The requirement is for a marketing professional with a minimum of 10 -12years experience in the marketing of industrial products both at the institutional and retail segments. The successful candidate would hold a Master's degree in disciplines related to Marketing and a track record of success in similar positions.
How To Apply:
Applicants who meet the criteria above, should send their applications with updated CV's to: email@example.com
Note: Only successful candidates will be contacted.
Due Date: 15th May, 2015
Sorry the application deadline for this job has elapsed