We are a leading business management consulting practice serving clients across Africa. We work in all major sectors of the economy and levels of government engaging highly trained and sector-experienced consultants. PCL is a wholly owned Nigerian firm with offices in Lagos, Abuja and Johannesburg. Established in 1992, we offer an array of business and management consulting services to government and corporate organizations.
Account and Finance Officer
Job Location: Lagos
- Key Responsibilities of the Accounts and Finance Officer;
- Process and reconcile online facilitated sales, employee’s salaries, and supplier transactions.
- Perform the day to day processing of accounts payable and receivables transactions in line with the company policies and procedures.
- Receive and verify vendor/supplier invoices and requisitions for goods and services.
- Monitor, review and follow up on all product purchases POs and vendor invoices to ensure that such transactions are correctly and promptly posted and any unusual variances are resolved or promptly brought to your supervisor’s attention for action
- Maintain updated vendor and bank payments files and manage file numbering system.
- Prepare and process memos for payments and disbursement of funds.
- Prepare weekly sales reports and daily bank deposits.
- Compile and review information for accuracy
- Maintain all financial records of the company.
- Must be affiliated with an internationally recognised accounting professional body: ACCA, CIMA or equivalent
- Degree in Accounting or other finance related fields
- Knowledge, skills and competencies;
- Good knowledge of online facilitated sales
- Knowledge of accounting principles, practice and procedures
- Financial reporting & analysis
- Accounts reconciliation and closing procedures
- Organisation and time management
- Analytical and problem solving
- Interpersonal and communication
- Advanced Microsoft Excel (data manipulation, advanced formulas, pivot tables, vlookups, sumif etc.). Proficient with other Microsoft Office applications (Outlook, PowerPoint, Word)
- Self-starter with high energy level
- Strong ethics, integrity and sound, logical judgment
- Possess a firm yet friendly approach
- 2-3 years in accounts payable, receivable and general ledger accounting
Job Location: Lagos
- Apply best practice accounting principles to create an appropriate system for general accounting procedures.
- Prepare monthly and annual budgetary forecasts
- Draw up monthly financial report.
- Provide sound financial advice to MD and management.
- Prepare final accounts for board presentation and management review; including income and expense report.
- Provide audit support for the establishment and settlement of contracts, purchase orders, vouchers, etc.
- Establish and implement sound financial and accounting control procedures.
- Direct and coordinate activities of other account staff to achieve departmental goals.
- Liaise with, ensure compliance with relevant regulatory and statutory bodies for the purpose of taxation, levies, duties, etc.
- Manage all banking relationships with supervision from the MD.
Academic and Professional Qualifications:
- OND, HND/Bachelor Degree in Accounting, Finance or Business Administration.
- Relevant airline accounting training.
- ACA, ACCA or any other accounting certification.
- Familiarity with International Financial Reporting System (IFRS) as it applies to the travel sector.
- Able to work with at least one accounting package for small business.
Work Experience and Skills:
- Minimum of three years experience managing the accounting function of a mid-sized travel agency.
- Excellent proficiency with office applications, especially MS excel.
- Demonstrate sound accounting knowledge, financial analysis and reporting skills.
- Familiarity with travel codes, airline routing and other requirements for business and tourist passengers will be desirable.
Brand and Marketing Communications Manager
Job Location: Abuja
- Brand plan development.
- Manage the day-to-day logistics of the brand program.
- New product development.
- Provide regular market analysis.
- Sales – provide sales materials for presentation.
- Responsible for developing promotional activities and strategies as well as executing them.
- Implement and execute campaign initiatives such as print, social media, web and broadcast) – Marketing Communications.
- B.Sc. in any discipline and minimum of 4 years working experience in marketing, advertising and PR management.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Strong research and analytical skills.
- Excellent with the use of CRM software and social media marketing tools.
Head, Audit and Compliance
Job Location: Lagos
- Audit Management
- Develop and implement the internal audit strategy, policies, procedures and annual audit plan; identify priorities and resource requirements for the year in line with strategic goals of the company.
- Plan and lead financial, regulatory, compliance and operational audits, covering branch operations across Nigeria.
- Develop action plans to address gaps and emerging issues; provide recommendation and proffer solutions.
- Monitor implementation of recommendations proposed by Internal Audit and the External Auditor to ensure issues are adequately addressed.
- Conduct risk assessment; recommend and deploy mitigating strategies
- Coordinate internal audit activities with those of the External Auditor to ensure proper audit coverage, eliminate duplication of efforts and improve the efficiency and effectiveness of audit activities.
- Maintain audit files and records including audit procedures and reports; document the result of audit work in accordance with the Institute of Internal Auditors (IIA) standards.
- Support year-end financial audit by the External Auditor.
- Present annual audit plan to the Audit Committee including periodic status updates.
- Prepare timely audit reports for the Board of Directors, Audit Committee and executive management.
- Report on audit/internal control findings to the Audit Committee periodically.
- Review and ensure reports of all audits, investigations and special assignment are in line with best practice.
- Communicate management responses on audit findings and corrective actions to various departments.
Compliance and Control:
- Monitor and ensure compliance with corporate policies, standard operating procedures, statutory and regulatory requirements across the Group.
- Review new and existing products, services and procedures to ensure regulatory compliance.
- Develop and implement effective control systems.
- Assess internal controls within the system and make appropriate recommendations to improve efficiency and effectiveness.
- Take appropriate actions to close or mitigate control deficiencies identified.
- Promote compliance with internal policies.
- Coordinate with Risk Management, Legal and Compliance on other control related activities.
- Keep abreast of developments in good corporate governance practices and advise management accordingly
- Oversee the execution of other tasks or special projects as required by management including reviews of systems, due diligence reviews, fraud investigation, etc
- Collaborate with executive management and business managers to identify and manage risks
Team Leadership and Management:
- Provide leadership for the Internal Audit function; manage the Audit team and its activities.
- Facilitate development; manage performance; coach and mentor
- Foster a culture of constant improvement and progress.
- First degree; minimum of second class lower division.
- Professional Accounting qualification.
- Professional Audit qualification would be added advantage.
Knowledge, Skills and Competencies:
- Comprehensive knowledge of Accounting and Audit principles, practices, procedures, legislation and regulations; sound knowledge of IIA standards with compliance capability.
- Sound knowledge of financial services operations and risk-based auditing.
- Internal Control.
- Risk Management.
- Corporate Governance.
- Stakeholder Relationship Management.
- Analytical and critical thinking.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Conflict Management.
- Managerial and leadership skills.
- Proficient use of MS Office suite.
- Minimum of ten years experience in forensic accounting and internal/external audit.
- Experience managing internal audits, supervising a team of internal and external auditors, supporting executive management, and reporting to Audit and other Board Committees.
- Big 4 experience is desired.
How To Apply:
To apply for any of these positions, follow link
Account and Finance Officer
Branding and Marketing Communiocations Manager
Head Audit and Complaince
Due Date: Not Stated
Sorry the application deadline for this job has elapsed