The International Institute of Tropical Agriculture (IITA) is a non-profit agricultural research-for-development (R4D) organization, and a member of the CGIAR Consortium.
The Agribusiness Specialist will undertake the following activities:
• Organize and facilitate location specific activities to strengthen small holder capacities in quality management of cassava and maize processing and utilization.
• Collect and analyze cassava and maize marketing and utilization information to help guide activity re-planning.
• Develop baseline information for enterprise beneficiaries as basis for monitoring and evaluation of enterprise development progress in target sites.
• Provide timely response to enterprise-related project concerns noted during monitoring and evaluation.
• Propose technical resources and partnership opportunities that hold promise to solve priority problems affecting cassava and maize enterprises and utilization.
• Help strengthen the functional relationship between IITA and GOs and NGOs working on the promotion of cassava and maize production, processing, and utilization technologies.
• Link cassava and maize producers to identified markets and help organize producers to meet demands of the identified markets.
• Increase local/public awareness of the various processed cassava and maize products, their uses, and their actual and potential impact.
• Provide information and data required to develop project proposals to further promote cassava and maize production, commercialization and utilization.
• Develop, mobilize and disseminate cassava and maize enterprise information resources.
• Prepare national project technical and progress reports.
• Participate in resource mobilization.
• Any other duties as may be assigned by the supervisor
Qualification and Experience
The candidate should have a Post graduate degree (MSc or PhD) in Agricultural Economics, Agribusiness, Business Management, or a closely related field from a recognized University and more than 7 years’ cognate experience in the field of Agribusiness.
• Good knowledge of the Cassava and/or Maize Value Chain.
• Experience with project activity implementation and monitoring.
• Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
• Excellent spoken and written English; knowledge of French would be an asset.
• Demonstrated ability to write and publish articles in peer reviewed international journals.
• Ability to work in a multi-disciplinary, multi-institutional, and multi-cultural environment.
How to Apply:
Interested applicants should forward their applications with detailed curriculum vitae saved with their names in Microsoft word format. The application must include the names and e-mail addresses of three professional referees which must include either the Head of applicant’s current or previous organization or applicant’s direct Supervisor/Superior officer at work and evidence of current remuneration package to IITA website by clicking here to apply online.
We offer highly competitive salary with equally attractive fringe benefits and excellent working conditions in a pleasant campus environment.