GlaxoSmithKline plc (GSK) is a British multinational pharmaceutical, biologics, vaccines and consumer healthcare company which has its headquarters in Brentford, London. As of March 2014, it was the world's sixth-largest pharmaceutical company after Johnson & Johnson, Novartis, Hoffmann-La Roche, Pfizer, and Sanofi, measured by 2013 revenue. The company was established in 2000 by the merger of Glaxo Wellcome (formed from the acquisition of Wellcome plc by Glaxo plc) and SmithKline Beecham plc (formed from the merger of Beecham Group plc and SmithKline Beckman Corporation, which in turn was formed by combining the Smith, Kline & French and Beckman companies).
• MB.ChB or equivalent
• Post graduate medical qualification, significant clinical or research experience in respiratory therapy area
• Great communication skills
• Fluent in English
• Strategic thinker
• Has published in the field of interest (Respiratory)
• Able to speak English fluently
• Strong business and financial acumen
• Brings deep respiratory therapy area expertise into the company and uses that expertise to add value internally by contributing to GSK medical/commercial strategy development and execution, and externally through engagement with HCPs, academics, opinion leaders and other stakeholders.
• Leverages respiratory therapy area expertise to ensure GSK produces best in class, customer-centric medical and commercial strategies and tactics.
• Speaks at congresses, symposia, webinars and other internal or external meetings. Topics may vary from purely scientific to GSK product-focused talks.
• Supports Commercial Excellence teams in ensuring sales and marketing personnel have a depth of understanding that enables them to conduct their roles successfully.
• Engages with opinion leaders and academics to align GSKs research agenda to local research priorities. This may include supporting implementation of a GSK clinical trials program or an investigator sponsored study.
• Works closely with the country’s medical advisors to ensure robust country plan development and execution.
• At the Area level the TA lead works and interacts with peers from other Clusters/Countries to support Area strategies. The TA lead is expected to cultivate a strong network internally in order to leverage GSKs considerable resources, particularly at the global level.
• Ensures that all activities undertaken are within the bounds of GSK local and/or international ethical standards, whichever is stricter.
How to Apply:
Interested and suitably qualified candidates should click here to apply online.