Energi Talent Resourcing is a specialist Oil & Gas and Power Recruitment firm.
We are a new breed of recruitment solutions providers. We are setting the standard in Oil & Gas and Power industry recruitment by offering the highest level of service and delivery.
Position: HSE Manager
We are currently working with a marginal field operator in the oil and gas industry for an urgent search of the following below listed roles in one of the operating locations in Nigeria. Our client is a progressive and prestigious independent oil producing company with a global strategy focus.
A strong lead HSSE professional with broad expertise and experience to organize and implement a sound, integrated HSSE support structure. Examples of understanding of HSSE management systems and processes in upstream oil and gas company Reporting to the Managing Director, the successful candidate will develop and implement a comprehensive health, safety, security and environmental management system and support performance standards to meet the requirements of an upstream oil and gas company.
Roles & Responsibilities:
Provide professional leadership in HSSE throughout the company; to encourage and establish common HSSE culture for all persons connected with company operations
• Develop and implement a robust and comprehensive HSSE Management System which will be support performance standards to meet the industry’s requirements and standards and establish the company as a country leader in HSSE performance.
• Develop HSSE risk register; to address, identify and manage HSSE hazards in start-up operations, design, construction, inspections and maintenance of new, existing and modified facilities
• Develop emergency response procedures which will provide effective plans to deal/handle all foreseeable emergencies as well as train and retrain employees on HSSE awareness on monthly basis with marked attendance which must form part of
• Implement HSSE action plan identified in cause of the operations
• Provide primary healthcare services through healthcare service providers
• Provide Occupational Health Surveillance for the company
• Identify and regularly assess security threats to business operations and assess and manage associated risks
• Build effective relationships with industry HSSE professionals, partners, FGN regulatory authorities, principal contractors and suppliers
• Represent the company with stakeholders on HSSE matters.
• Identify and co-ordinate the provision of HSSE support from both internal and external sources.
• Integrate with the country network of HSSE professionals and establish the company as a key contributor.
• Degree in Science
• Certificate in Health and Safety.
• Over 10 years of relevant experience.
• Strong leadership and organizational skills.
• Comprehensive HSSE experience and understanding.
• Must be HSSE proactive leader
• Be a HSSE team leader to know how to identify near misses, reportable incidents and how to remedy same.
Strong leadership and organizational skills.
• Strong interpersonal skills with the ability to communicate at all levels.
• Ability to coach and develop local staff.
• Flexibility and adaptability to address challenging and new situations.
• Excellent interpersonal skills, particularly relationship building, networking, advising and influencing.
• High standards of performance and proactive nature.
• Good Communication and Presentation skills
• Ability to work on own initiative and with minimum supervision
• Good written and spoken English
• Good IT skills
How to Apply
Please forward a copy of your CV to: firstname.lastname@example.org