The Nobeah Foundation is the not-for-profit counterpart of Nobeah Technologies Ltd., a technology company focusing on technology with deep potential for social impact as well as the strong growth prospects required for sustainability. The innovative technology developed by Nobeah Technologies Ltd. targets transformative change, aiming to dramatically impact areas such as literacy, and health care. But in addition to these immediate potential impacts, Nobeah's core values are to seek deeply insightful solutions that reach the heart of social challenges, changing the very equations so that they solve themselves in a sustainable way.
The Nobeah Foundation was created to distribute technologies from Nobeah Technologies Ltd. on a subsidized or free basis where those technologies could have dramatic impact.
We are recruiting to fill the position of:
Position: Volunteer Renewable Energy Programmes Coordinator
Summary of Position
- The Renewable Energy Programmes Coordinator will identify initiatives within the national government of the above mentioned countries having mutually compatible objectives, or that offer incentives relevant to Nobeah's programmes, and will assist in identifying the most important stakeholders within those organizations with respect to those programmes.
- Having gained an understanding of the roles and perspectives of those organizations and the individuals within them the Renewable Energy Programmes Coordinator will then help define a strategy and approach to how the Nobeah Foundation can work with them to achieve mutual goals.
- This position requires between 5-40 hours a week at any hours and any day per week as long as the requirements for on-line meetings and other collaboration are met. The position is flexible to accommodate up to 100% remote work. Computer skills and experience with Microsoft Office are required.
- Though all work will be remote, the candidate must be located in and be eligible to work in the country. The candidate must speak at least one local language, in addition to being fluent in English both verbally and in writing. The candidate must also have a network of contacts in the country to facilitate any required work there.
- Recruitment will take place in two phases. In the first phase concluding by November, the first group of candidates will be selected. In the second phase concluding December, the second group of candidates will be selected. Candidates found not eligible for the first group are welcome to reapply for the second group if any elements of your qualifications or experience have changed.
- The newly formed Nobeah Foundation is seeking a Volunteer Renewable Energy Programmes Coordinator for the above-mentioned countries operations.
- In order to support the recharging and power supply needs of its Afripad educational computer project in rural areas that have not yet been electrified, the Nobeah Foundation is developing a programme to deploy an innovative modular off-grid power solution relying on solar energy as well as potentially other renewable energy sources.
The detailed responsibilities include but are not limited to those below:
- Help identify the current and future energy needs/requirements for the renewable energy/alternative technology/cost reduction projects.
- Help identify methods to implement the above projects, training needs and methods to ensure the long term upkeep and maintenance of any installed technology and
- Help establish budget required in order to implement projects (including technical staffing, material resources and training requirements)
- Assist in the development of an implementation and training calendar.
- Assist in the Implementation of renewable energy installation and training, according to the implementation and training calendar.
- Network and forge links with other stakeholders and organizations (including local government, donors, companies, universities and other supporters) to ensure continued support for existing and new initiatives.
- Undergraduate Degree in Engineering, Environmental Studies, International Development or related field.
- Post graduate degree desirable but not essential.
- Volunteering and/or work experience.
- Field and/or international development experience, as well as experience on designing, developing and implementing renewable energy projects highly desirable.
- Budget development, administrative skills and financial management experience preferred.
- Proficiency in written and spoken Spanish and English required.
- Excellent interpersonal and written communication skills.
- Highly organized, flexible, independent, culturally sensitive and detail oriented with ability to multitask.
- Solid report writing skills.
- This position is voluntary, but given a good mutual fit between the individual and the organization, the role may potentially transition into a paid full-time or part-time role within 3 months depending on the needs and capacity of the organization. However, please note that hiring will be prioritized based on contribution.
- Given the same productivity, working part-time (or fewer hours in a week) the number of months required to match the contribution of an individual working full-time (or more hours in a week) may be greater than the 3 month period worked by the full-time hire.
How to Apply
interested and qualified candidates should send an email to:firstname.lastname@example.org with your resume attached and with the subject line: "Re: Application for (Volunteer Renewable Energy Progammes Coordinator) - Country Name. Please ensure your name and other contact details are in your resume and in the email itself.
Sorry the application deadline for this job has elapsed