Eat'n'Go brings great taste to Africa. A restaurant group dedicated to bringing the best F&B brands and concepts to Africa, Eat'n'Go feeds your needs.
It has entered the market as the exclusive master franchisee for two great international franchises: Domino’s Pizza, a $6 billion fast food giant and Cold Stone Creamery, a $1.5 billion rising star.
POSITION: Commissary (Production) Manager Coldstone Creamery
The Commissary Manager is responsible for the effective management and running of overall operations of Cold stone Creamery Ice Cream and Cake commissary with focus on Quality Control, Food production (Ice Cream and Cakes) ordering/delivery systems and logistics, manpower planning, equipment maintenance and inventory management.
Production Planning & Warehousing:
- Managing overall operations with a view to ensure timely accomplishment of production targets within the time and cost parameters.
- Overseeing procurement activities, implementing effective techniques to bring efficiency in operations, improve quality standards & achieve maximum cost savings.
- Handling stores operations ensuring optimum inventory levels to achieve maximum cost savings without hampering the production & distribution process
- Responsible in overseeing the ice cream and cake production in the commissary Understand and implement procedures to maximize efficiencies and control variances in the daily production of product and overall commissary performance .
- Understand and implement procedures to maximize efficiencies and control variances in daily production of product and overall commissary performance.
Supply Chain Management:
- Sustaining the existing network & managing the supply chain for items, ensuring timely distribution of the goods to the stores.
- Monitoring availability of stock, making appropriate arrangements to ensure on time deliveries;
- Managing logistics operations, involving and coordinating with various & other external agencies to achieve seamless & cost-effective transport solutions.
- Inventory stock and reorder when inventory drops to a specified level
- Keep and maintain records of purchases, sales and requisitions.
- Monitoring adherence to quality systems and comply with Brand Standards, Governmental Controls and ISO quality standards and maintaining requisite documents.
- Implementing quality systems / procedures like Six Sigma, Lean Sigma in the organization to reduce rejections and ensure zero defect products.
- Ensure all products produced in the commissary meets the restaurant operations quality standards.
Operations & Management:
- Does research and development of new products Food costing and menu reengineering.
- Managing preventive and predictive maintenance schedules of equipment to minimize stoppages in critical production areas; ensuring condition monitoring of various equipment.
- Identifying areas of obstruction/breakdowns and taking steps to rectify the equipment through application of trouble shooting tools.
- Executing cost saving techniques/ measures and modifications to achieve substantial reduction in Operation expenditures and work within the budget.
- Coordinating and planning the logistic need for the whole country and other regional commissaries.
- Ensuring optimum utilization of manpower and machinery towards the output.
- Ensuring good manufacturing practices are being followed and ensuring strict adherence to quality standards laid down by Coldstone Creamery International.
Staff Training and Team Development:
- Provide direction to commissary staff to ensure all established layins are completed for each event, in addition to requisitioning during events, post events breakdown, warehouse returns, equipment storage, sanitation and maintenance.
- Supervises commissary personnel, including assigning duties, training, coaching and counseling; reports any associate problems to manager
- Demonstrate safety consciousness and promote commissary safety.
- Maintain a high level of commissary sanitation and cleanliness, e.g. cleaning schedules, training, etc.
Experience / Education Required
- Candidate must possess at least a Vocational Bachelor's College Degree, Post Graduate Diploma Master's Degree, Food Beverage Services Management, Food Technology Nutrition Dietetics, Hotel Management, Culinary Arts or Food Nutrition, Engineering Chemical, Engineering Industrial, Engineering or equivalent.
- At least 3 years of working experience within an operation of a similar profile is essential past experience in big commissaries, central kitchen or production units is a BIG edge.Exposure in ICE CREAM/ CAKE MAKING/manufacturing or dairy plant is an advantage
- Candidate must be a graduate of any a related discipline
- Must be knowledgeable in MS OFFICE applications, Proficiency in Excel; SAP is an advantage
- Independent, mature, self-initiative and possesses positive attitude
- With Strong leadership skills and interpersonal relationship
- Must have background in GMP/HACCP principles
- Knowledgeable in inventory planning and control, effective stocks forecasting
- Make decisions and exercise sound judgment.
- High Integrity, utmost confidentiality level
- Good analytical skills.
- Ability to work a flexible schedule based on business needs, which may include evenings, weekends and holidays
- Demonstrated self-starter and problem solver with excellent interpersonal skills
- Able to work under pressure and tight deadlines and at the same time deliver time results and reports.
- Team player and fast worker.
Sorry the application deadline for this job has elapsed