Saipem Contracting Nigeria Limited, is a global leader in the Engineering, Procurement, Construction & Installation businesses, with a strong bias towards oil & gas-related activities in remote areas We excel in the provisioning of engineering, procurement, project management and construction services, with distinctive skills and capabilities in the design and execution àf large-scale offshore and onshore projects
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Position: Coating QC Inspector
- Execute the inspection and Quality Control activities on site, collecting the relevant records
- Ensure that all Coating operation are executed in accordance with the relevant Codes and standards, and Subsidiaries procedures, Quality Control Plans/ Inspection Test Plans
- In accordance with the Quality Control Plan, execute the specific inspections on material, equipment and construction/installation activities on site, following relevant specified procedures, issuing the relevant Quality Records.
- Issue the relevant Quality Records and, when necessary, write and send to Quality Control Supervisor non-conformances reports.
- Verify/control the correct storage and certification of material and instrumentation calibration certificates
- Witness/perform qualifications of coating processes
- Check surface preparation
- Check and record atmospheric conditions prior to starting of Coating operations
- Carry out wet and dry film thickness checks
- Monitor observations of the correct coding cycles
- Verify the correct color-coding.
- Perform visuals inspections
- Perform adhesion testing
- Perform penetration testing
- Evaluate impact testing
- Perform visual checks after blasting
- Orderly collect and manage/check documents certifying test, controls and inspection documents, ensuring that all mechanical and testing related records are properly retrievable within the final As- Built dossier.
- In Case of subcontractor activities, ensure the correct implementation of the approved Quality Control Plans/ Inspection Test Plans, witnessing inspection and collecting relevant Quality Control records.
Qualification & Experience
- A Degree in Civil Engineering or any other related field of study.
- A minimum of 7 years work experience in Civil Engineering and Civil Quality Control position.
- NACE Category certification will be an advantage but not mandatory.
- Required experience in 5LPP or at least 3LPP coating application.
- Coating methods: Knowledge of Coating methodologies/processes and relevant tools
- Construction activities: Knowledge of construction and installation processes/phases during project planning and execution
- Control and instrumentation calibration: Capability to control, calibrate and adjust tools, instruments and other measuring and testing devices used in activities affecting Quality. Capability to protect the instrumentation from damage or deterioration during handling or maintenance
- Industry standards (ASTM, ASME, ACI, UPC, AWS, etc.): Knowledge and experience gained during design, installation and construction with main Industry standards applicable for business of reference.
- Mechanical operation activities: Knowledge of piping, engines, fluid machines and mechanical operation activities
- Quality control activities: Knowledge of Quality Control principles, Supervision topics and functions. Capability to apply Quality Control Plans
- Quality inspection activities: Capability to plan, execute, report inspection and test according to Quality Control Plan
- Quality reporting: Capability to document Quality activities through regular reports and to update the Quality Database with the relevant information
- Site Material Control: Capability to keep under control the status of material required to develop project activities
- Proven skills civil works activities, construction activities, control of instrument calibration; industry standards, quality control activities, quality inspection activities, and quality reporting and site material control.
- Sufficient computer skills.
Sorry the application deadline for this job has elapsed