The Federal College of Education, Okene, invites applications from suitable and qualified candidates for appointment to the post of:
Job Position: Registrar
- The Registrar shall hold office for a period of five (5) years beginning from the effective date of the Appointment and on such terms and conditions as specified in their letter of appointment and may be re-appointed for one further period of five (5) years and no more.
Duties of a Registrar
- The Registrar is the Chief Administrative Officer of the College and shall be responsible to the Provost for the day-to-day administration of the College.
- The Registrar also serves as Secretary of the Governing Council, the Academic Board and any other statutory Committees of the College.
- The Registrar is responsible for implementing the decisions and the policies of the College Governing Council, the Academic Board and the Management.
Qualifications and Experience
- A candidate for the post must possess a good honours Degree from a recognized University and membership of a professional body with at least 18 years of relevant post qualification administrative experience, in Tertiary Education institutions or Education supervisory bodies where he/she served at the level of Deputy Registrar or its equivalent for not less than 3 years.
- Possession of Master's Degree is an added advantage.
- Candidates must be computer literate, Successful applicant must not be more that 55 years at the time of assumption of duty.
Conditions of Service
- The Conditions of Service are the same as those obtainable in Federal Colleges of Education system in Nigeria.
- Fringe benefits are as applicable to Principal Officers of similar tertiary institutions.
Applicants are required to attach twenty (20) typewritten copies of Curriculum Vitae, giving the information listed below:
- Full Names (Surname under listed)
- Position Desired
- Marital Status
- Names and Ages of Children
- Date and Place of Birth and State of Origin
- Current Postal Address
- Educational Institutions Attended with Dates
- Academic/Professional Qualifications and Awards
- Work Experience in Chronological Order
- Present Employment, status and Salary
- Extra Curricular Activities
- Names, Addresses and positions of Three (3) Referees.
Reference reports from three referees are to be forwarded directly to the Registrar and Secretary to Council. Such Referees should be able to attest to the candidate’s claim to high academic and managerial capability as well as noted uprightness.
Note: Only short-listed candidates will be invited for interview.
Sorry the application deadline for this job has elapsed