Visitor of Taraba State University, Jalingo hereby announces that the position of Vice-Chancellor of the University is Vacant. The Visitor accordingly invites applications from suitably Qualified Candidates with cognate experience in University teaching and Administration for the post.
The Taraba State University Jalingo is a State University established in 2008 by the Taraha State Government. At the moment, the University runs more than 40 degree programmes across five faculties namely: Faculty of Agriculture, Faculty of Education, Faculty of Arts and Social Sciences, Faculty of Science, Faculty of Engineering and a postgraduate School.
POSITION : Vice-Chancellor
- The Vice-Chancellor is the Chief Executive and Academic Officer of the University. Ex-Officio Chairman of the Senate and Member of the Governing Council of the University. Among other functions, the Vice-Chancellor shall:
- Be competent at all times to advise the Council on any matter affecting the policy, finance and administration of the University
- Be generally responsible to the Council for maintaining the efficiency and good order of the University and for ensuring the proper enforcement of Laws and Regulations.
- Be responsible for discipline in the University:
- Regulate the admission of students in accordance with the approved guidelines and procedures.
The applicant must:
- Be a distinguished Professor with demonstrable ability to provide exemplary academic leadership and proven management capacity;
- Be a scholar of outstanding national and international repute;
- Be a person of strong character and ability to give courageous and effective leadership;
- Be a person (who is not likely to foster personal, ethnic, political, religious or other sectional interest;
- Be of high integrity and strong moral character to inspire and maintain discipline among staff and students;
- Be able to attract research grants and complementary funds from local and international agencies, and further
- uplift the academic stature of the University;
- Demonstrate commitment to cardinal value of merit consistency and fairness as operating principles and eats apply these across board;
- Must be of good health and pleasant disposition
Tenure and Condition of Service
- The Vice-Chancellor shall hold office for a one term period of five (5) Years. The salaries and conditions of service are as applicable to the post of Vice-Chancellor in Nigerian Universities.
How To Apply
Interested and qualified candidates are invited to note and comply with the following conditions:
1.) Each candidate must submit twenty (20) copies of the application letter accompanied with 20 copies of detailed Curriculum Vitae(CV) signed and dated by the candidate. The CV must be presented in the following order:
- Name in full (Surname first and in Capital letters)
- Position Desired
- Place and Date of Birth
- State of Origin and Nationality
- Marital Status, Number and ages of Children
- Current Postal and Contact Address
- Phone number(s) and E-mail address
- Permanent Residential Address
- Institutions Attended to with dates)
- Educational Qualifications (with dates)
- Professional Qualifications (with dates)
- Membership of Professional Bodies
- Distinctions and Awards (with dates)
- Statement of work Experience including full details of former and present post
- Post-graduate Supervision
- Major Academic related services to the Nation outside the University System
- Important Academic Conferences/Workshops/ Courses Attended
- Publication (Theses, Books/ Monographs, Published Articles, etc)
- Technical reports (it applicable)
- Present Employment status, Salary and Employer
- Extra- Curricular Activities
- Name and Address of Next of Kin
- Names and Addresses of 3 Referees/one of whom must be in candidate’s field of study).
2.) Each Application should be accompanied by a Certificate of Birth ot Statutory Declaration of Age and Certificate of Medical Fitness.
3.) A Statement of the candidate’s visions list the Taraba State University. Jalingo ot the 21st Century of not more than 1000 words (20 copies)
4.) Each Candidate must have three (3) referees who should be requested by the candidate to forward their referee reports directly to the Registrar under confidential cover. Such referees should be in a position to attest to the candidate's claim to high academic standard, managerial capacity and moral uprightness.
5.) All short-listed candidates will be required to make themselves available for interaction with the joint Council - Senate Selection Board.
All applications are to be forwarded under confidential cover in sealed envelope marked at the upper left hand corner: “Application for the Post of Vice-Chancellor, Taraba State University, Jalingo" addressed to:
Taraba State University,
Sorry the application deadline for this job has elapsed