Johns Hopkins University - The Center for Communication Programs (CCP) was established over 25 years ago in recognition of the pivotal role communication plays in the way people think and behave about health and development issues. We are a Center within the Department of Health, Behavior and Society at the Bloomberg School of Public Health. CCP has active programs in more than 30 countries worldwide as well as in the U.S.
The Johns Hopkins University Bloomberg School of Public Health Center for Communication Programs (JHU-CCP) seeks for experienced and qualified candidates to work for the position below:
POSITION : HC3 Nigeria State M&E Officer
- The Johns Hopkins Center for Communication (CCP) and Health Communication Capacity Collaborative (HC3) Nigeria Family Planning Project seeks one (1) Monitoring & Evaluation (M&E) Officer for each Family Planning project states (Bauchi, Ebonyi & Sokoto).
- This position will support the overall data management system of the country office by conducting data collection, entry and cleaning, and providing technical support for family planning project activities and research activities on the project states.
- The Monitoring and Evaluation Officers will collate, enter and clean state level activity data, monitor flow of data collection forms and check for data accuracy.
- The incumbents will maintain regular communication with the State Coordinator, RM&E Senior Technical Advisor and Deputy Director - Family Planning.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
In addition to the overall technical inputs to the project as described above, specific duties and responsibilities include the following. Other duties maybe assigned:
- Support the RM&E Senior Technical Advisor in program monitoring and evaluation tasks, including the implementation of M&E systems (data collection, paperflow management, data management and results reporting)
- Working with the State Coordinator and state team, provide M&E support for effective implementation of FP Social Mobilization activities, including monitoring uptake of family planning methods at health facilities in the intervention LGAs
- Participate in the training of Community Mobilizers, Volunteers and others on M&E data collection and processing
- Participate in the development of workplans and budget for project M&E activities
- Contribute to the preparation of tables, charts and figures for internal and external publications Perform data entry and cleaning, and assist in the management of quantitative data sets
- Contribute to the preparation of literature searches and bibliographies
- Provide administrative support as needed
- Carry out other tasks to support HC3 FP & Malaria project efforts as assigned
- This position will have no direct supervisory responsibilities. The position reports to the State Coordinator for the respective state.
Education and/or Experience
- HND or Bachelor's degree with at least 3 years work experience in monitoring and evaluation of health programs
- Proficiency with Microsoft Excel, Ward and PowerPoint, or similar software
- Working knowledge of data processing computer packages (e.g.Epilnfo, Epidata)
- Strong verbal and written communication skills in English
- Ability to verbally communicate in Hausa or lgbo, depending on location
- Well-organized, with ability to track multiple projects and deadlines
- Experience in providing administrative support to work teams
- Ability and willingness to travel as required within and between project states
- Ability to work successfully in a cross-cultural, team-based environment
- Experience with database management a plus
Application Closing Date
5pm (Abuja Time); Thursday, 18th August, 2016.
How To Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should follow the instructions exactly below to apply:
- Your Cover letter should include the following:
- Address the education/experience and language skills requirement specified for the position with specific examples where necessary.
- Include the specific date when you would be able to begin work.
- A table with the following information regarding your language skills. Scoring: 1 = Elementary skills, 2 = Limited working proficiency, 3 = General Professional proficiency, 4 = Advanced Professional proficiency, 5 = Functional Native proficiency
||Oral (Score of -15)
||Written (Score of-15)
- Email your cover letter and curriculum vitae (CV) as one PDF document to: email@example.com
- CV and cover letter PDF file name be your first and last name in CAPS (e.g.: USMAN SEGUN).
- The subject line of your email should be "HC3 Nigeria State M&E Officer".
- Do not include any additional certificates or documentation.
- Any submission that do not follow the instructions exactly will be discarded without review
- Language skills will be tested during interview for shortlisted candidates.
Sorry the application deadline for this job has elapsed