CBM is an international Christian development organization, committed to improving the quality of life of persons with disabilities in the poorest communities of the world.
POSITION : Project Officer
- In close cooperation with local implementing partners in clusters 1-3, the Project Officer assumes responsibility for the smooth running of the project in the cluster under his / her responsibility from the planning phase to final evaluation, including reporting.
- The project officer will report directly to the Programme Director.
Planning and Implementation:
- Detailed programme planning with implementing partners and other stakeholders at the duster level
- Strong collaboration with relevant stakeholders, including the governments
- Elaboration of a detailed cluster-level logic framework
- Elaboration of cluster-level overall and annual project budget
- Elaboration of cluster-level overall and annual project activity plan
- Deliverables and milestones planning
- Breakdown of complex activities into tasks
- Updates on risk assessment (and risk management)
- Regular updating of all plans
- Facilitate cluster meetings and joint activities
Monitoring and Knowledge management:
- Monitor plan design and implementation
- Data collection
- Data analysis and interpretation
- Recommendations and corrective measures
- Scheduling of evaluation, including ToR’s development, consultant selection, evaluation coordination and integration/use of recommendations in decision-making
- Documentation of lessons learnt and good practices
- Monitoring expenditures, particularly with regards to activity bum rates: and account for funds
- Monitoring/progress reporting, accounting to donor’s requirement
- Other types of reports issuing
- Prepare project briefs, reports and presentations as required
Partnerships and advocacy:
- Partnerships implementation and follow up (rights and obligation)
- Capacity building needs identification and implementation
- Oversees advocacy activities at the state/ cluster level
- Other relevant assigned duties, as necessary.
- Contribute to the development of individual annual key performance objectives
- Develop individual annual work plan
- Monthly report of activities to the line manager
- Participate in individual annual appraisal.
- Minimum of Bachelor's Degree in Social Sciences, Health, Management or any other related fields.
- Knowledge of social inclusion, and Navision or any related programme management software is an added advantage
- Demonstrated knowledge of use of computer software, such as Microsoft Office package
- Development programme experience in (I) NGO
- Knowledge and experience of project cycle management In development context for 5 years
- Knowledge and experiences of project monitoring of minimum of 3 years Basic knowledge of advocacy
- Experience in narrative and financial reporting on complex projects to international donors
- Cooperation with civil society/government/donors and private sector knowledge and/or experiences
- Knowledge in managing project and accounting for inflow and outflow of funds Working experience in insecure environments.
- It is essential that the candidate address the required qualifications above in the application.
- All applicants MUST produce specific and comprehensive information supporting each one of the following criteria, or the application will not be considered.
- Only successful applicants who meet the minimum requirements will be notified of their access to the next step of the selection process which consists of:
- An oral interview, checking the original certificates submitted in copy during the initial application, and testing professional and personal capacities, which, if successful, grants access to:
- A written test on computer skills
- All candidates orally interviewed will receive feedback of the result of their application
- Fluency in spoken and written English, including public speaking. Fluency in spoken and written French will bean sided advantage.
- The position is open only to Nigeria nationals.
How To Apply
Candidates should submit their cover letter, CV, copies of certificartes, three professional referees and salary expectations quoted in Nigeria Naira to "Human Resource Unit" via: email@example.com Kindly include referred location in the subject of your application i.e. Application for the position of "Program Officer- Cluster 1".
Sorry the application deadline for this job has elapsed