Executive Assistant Vacancy at The International Institute of Tropical Agriculture (IITA)
The International Institute of Tropical Agriculture (IITA) - a non-profit organization founded in 1967 in Nigeria and governed by a Board of Trustees. IITA works on the following crops: cowpea, soybean, banana/plantain, yam, cassava, and maize. It is a member of CGIAR, a global agriculture research partnership for a food secure future.
POSITION : Executive Assistant
Successful candidate will among other things perform the following duties:
- Provide administrative backstopping to Nigeria-based projects (ACGG and others) and offices and financial support to ILRI Ibadan staff (both Nationally and Internationally Recruited Staff);
- Prepare letters, memo, visa requests and letters of invitation for staff and visitors;
- Assist in preparing short term request for the unit;
- Manage secretariat (receiving visitors, providing orientation for new staff, receiving and making telephone calls, organizing filing systems for the office, and providing secretarial support);
- Maintain personnel files for all ILRI Ibadan employees;
- Liaise with IITA on administrative issues concerning ILRI Ibadan staff;
- Handle requests from ILRI Headquarters regarding administrative and financial issues;
- Liaise with ILRI Headquarters on all legal and human resource dimensions;
- Assist in planning, organizing and coordinating logistics for project meetings, workshops, field trips and other events in the Programme;
- Assist in making travel arrangements - travel authorization, air tickets, accommodation etc;
- Coordinate vehicle management and administration (filling of log books by drivers, repairs, insurance etc.);
- Manage facilities and consumables and organise preventive maintenance for all ILRI assets in coordination with IITA;
- Ensure proper identification of all ILRI assets, and update asset register regularly;
- Participate in organizing workshops and conferences;
- Compile, check and analyse ILRI Accounts Statements from IITA, Ibadan, Nigeria
- Monitor projects budget (ACGG and others) and prepare project financial reports;
- Process, check and monitor various documents related to advances, payments, expense claims for ILRI staff, visitors and collaborators;
- Handle petty cash (receiving request, making payment, keeping register, submit replenishment request as necessary);
- Liaise with IITA Finance for monthly financial report for ILRI Ibadan office and ensure timely submission to ILRI Headquarters;
- Assist in procurements and perform any other duties as may be assigned by the supervisor.
- HND/B.Sc in Banking & Finance, Secretarial Studies, Business Administration or any related field with Eight (8) years’ experience in a multidisciplinary working environment.
The ideal candidate must have:
- Ability to work with a high degree of autonomy and to take initiative and exercise good judgment;
- Ability to get things done under pressure;
- Competency in personal organization and priority setting with the ability to work effectively under time pressure and manage multiple priorities;
- Good interpersonal and communication skills, with the ability to effectively interact with people in a multi-disciplinary and multi-cultural environment and to be an effective team player;
- Creative and flexible respond to changing work requirements.
- Strong computer skills in relevant office applications software packages (i.e. MS Word, PowerPoint, and Excel).
We offer highly competitive salary with equally attractive benefits and excellent working conditions in a pleasant campus environment.
Sorry the application deadline for this job has elapsed