Vacancy for a Generator Operator at American University of Nigeria
ADAMAWA , YOLA ,
The American University of Nigeria (AUN) Our mission is to pioneer service learning and build leaders who will be prepared to tackle societal concerns. Located in Yola, Adamawa State, the University is a world-class career-oriented institution missioned to be an agent of change in the development of the region. AUN has a strong commitment to providing the skills and the leadership essential to solving the continent's critical social and economic problems.
POSITION : Generator Operator
- Starts, synchronizes units, shares and maintain balances load between running units
- Sheds loads and maintain balance
- Reads and records all instrument indications and adjusts control as required
- Performs routine inspections and ensures serviceability and cleanliness of generators.
- Operates any electrical generators needed to supply power on the job
- Detects and reports improper operation, faulty equipment, defective materials and unusual situations to proper supervision.
- Maintains work area and equipment in a clean and orderly condition.
- Follows prescribed safety rules and regulations.
- Performing the required activities of the generator operator which includes the operation and performance monitoring of generators, maintenance records
- Maximizing efficiency without degrading generator safety practices, environmental requirements or concerns or the long-term operation of the generators.
- At least a senior secondary school graduate with a minimum two years of full time work experience in the generator field, working in regular contact with generators.
- Be basically familiar with at least three major diesel engine manufacturer’s products, at least one of which is Cummins, Mikano, or Caterpillar.
- Effective English - verbal and written communication.
- Working in shifts.
- Ability to productively work independently and as an overall integral plant staff team member.
- Ability to work extended hours if and when required.
- Team spirit.
Description of Benefits
Salary and benefits are commensurate with experience and job classification as approved by the University.
How to Apply
Candidates should submit their CV, cover letters and references to: firstname.lastname@example.org with position applied for as the subject
Sorry the application deadline for this job has elapsed