Plan International a leading independent child-centered international humanitarian development organization committed to advancing the rights of children and fight against poverty.
POSITION : Consultant
- Plan International Nigeria is seeking to engage an experienced Consultant on the Global Affairs Canada, Micro-Nutrients Initiative and Plan International “Boosting Iron Folic Acid Supplementation for Pregnant Women in Northern Nigeria (IFAS) Project.
- The Consultant will be responsible for conducting a desk review to facilitate the Adaptation of IFA Messaging for FLW and CBHVs/TBAs Including Supportive Supervision Tools for Supervisors in Sokoto and Kebbi states.
- The consultancy will support the development/adaptation of messages for frontline health workers, their supervisors, on the importance of revitalizing and prioritizing IFA, and on how they could contribute to a more effective gender and adolescent responsive IFA program and messaging adapted for TBAs on importance of Ante Natal Care (ANC) attendance by pregnant women and adolescent girls including use of IFA supplements.
- This process will also review existing training manuals, supervision tools and advocacy messages for frontline health worker, their supervisors and TBAs on IFA with a view to improve on them using a gender lens.
- Objective 1: Consultant to conduct desk reviews of Behavioural Change Information (BCI) messaging for frontline health workers and supervisors including with a gender lens.
- Objective 2: Consultant to conduct desk review on motivation of TBAs using Result Based Financing methods.
- Objective 3: The consultant will also facilitate a review of training manuals, supportive supervision tools and advocacy messages including with a gender lens targeted at health care workers to improve their commitment to delivery of quality IFA services.
- Objective 4: The consultant will supervise the information sharing events for the presentation of the messages.
- The desk review will use a mixed method approach.
- Required to collect, analyze and interpret both quantitative and qualitative data from primary and secondary sources so as to develop and validate tools for IFA and Zinc programming.
- A variety of methods including review of key and relevant documents; primary stakeholder engagements, workshops, team planning and review meetings; in-depth interview with key informants; site visits; data analysis will be employed in a cost effective manner.
- Experience in working with low literacy communities especially in low resource settings
- Fluency in English and the local language (Hausa) spoken and written
- Ability to produce high quality work under tight timeframes
- Ability to establish a good working relationship with State stakeholders and integrate feedback as required
- Minimum of 5 years of experience in social & behavioural change communications/marketing, Nutrition, Maternal Neonatal and Child Health programming or related field.
- Demonstrated experience in conducting content specific, effective and gender responsive desk reviews in social and behavioural change or related field
- Demonstrated experience and understanding of community participatory development processes
- Excellent skills in documentation and reporting
What You Need In Order To Apply
- Detailed CV demonstrating technical expertise and previous experience in coordinating and facilitating activities of a similar nature
- Availability to commence consultancy
- A financial statement of consultancy fee per day
- Names and contact information of three references who can be contacted regarding relevant experience
- A copy of a previous report of a similar nature undertaken on any social behavioural change focused desk review
- The proposal will be scored on both technical and financial aspects weighted at 70% and 30% respectively.
Candidates should send their applications to: Nigeria.consultant@Plan-international.org
For more details : Check here
Sorry the application deadline for this job has elapsed