Officer, Community Mobilization at Education Development Center (EDC)
Education Development Center designs, implements and evaluates programs to improve education, health, and economic opportunity worldwide.
POSITION : Community Mobilization Officer
Responsible for implementing activities to increase community awareness and support of schooling in targeted non-formal education and alternative education learning center communities in Sokoto.
This includes implementing a small grants program to enable CSOs to establish community coalitions and learning
centers, building the capacity of CSOs and executing awareness campaigns to strengthen the community’s demand for education. This position is based in Sokoto, Nigeria, and will report to the State Team Leader.
- Engages and serves as program focal point with CSOs and supported communities in Sokoto.
- Coordinates donor, stakeholder, and field staff visits to CSOs and communities in Sokoto.
- Establishes new community coalitions or local education support groups and committees
- Provides partner CSOs with day-to-day mentoring on project design, implementation, and monitoring
- Supports the application of training materials to strengthen CSO organizational management, HR and financial systems and provide technical support in community mobilization.
- Must have at least 5 years of experience in programs in community mobilization and outreach.
- Must demonstrate prior experience managing community engagement campaigns, preferably in the education sector.
- Prior experience with international organizations’ community grants mechanisms, demonstrating in-depth understanding of the role of civil society in development and experience in developing and implementing capacity building plans in culturally, politically, and security sensitive environments.
- Must be professionally proficient and fluent in written and spoken English and Hausa.
How To Apply
Candidates should send their CV and a brief cover letter as ONE MS document or PDF to: email@example.com. please specify the position for which you are applying in the subject line.
Sorry the application deadline for this job has elapsed