Jhpiego an international non-profit humanitarian health organization affiliated with The Johns Hopkins University.
POSITION : Adolescent Sexual & Reproductive Health (ASRH) Research Assistant
- Maternal Child Survival Program (MCSP), a global USAID - funded project with the purpose of Ending Preventable Cause of Death (EPCD), will conduct an Adolescent Sexual and Reproductive Health (ASRH) study in Bauchi Nigeria.
- This is essentially a formative research to understand the sexual and reproductive health (SRH) needs of adolescent mothers in the state and the gaps in the current system.
- We will conduct a qualitative, cross - sectional, descriptive study using focus group discussions (FGDs) and in-depth interviews (lDls).
- We are looking for highly motivated, multitasking and experienced individuals to work as Research Assistants (RAs) in Bauchi/Sokoto/Cross/OndoRiver states.
- Conduct qualitative data collection (FGDs and lDls) to all consented study subjects at the time of consent
- Track study subjects to participate in group discussions at appropriate times; record if subjects move out of study area and/or are lost to follow up
- Arrange meeting time and place in consultation with health facility managers
- Support Focused group discussion in their respective areas as requested by the research team
- Ensure safe custody of equipment issued for the study
- Keep accurate records of consent forms and other study related documents.
- Advise the research team on any ethical issues that may arise during the period of engagement in the study
- With the State ASRH Study Coordinator, set targets and work out timesheet of activities conducted.
- Write and submit a weekly report of activities conducted to the State ASRH Study Coordinator
- Attend 5 days training on ASRH study data collection and use of audio- recorders
- Support the Research study team in orienting and training youth groups and other stakeholders (CHEWs or CHWs in the community on how to recruit volunteers in a non-pressuring or coercive way using the voucher system.
- Participates in recruitment of adolescents through respondent - driven sampling and a voucher system.
- Conduct selection and screening of recruited participants using specified selection criteria and obtaining consent from selected participants
- Obtain and submit initial screening information from participants to the research team
- Create consent logs and group cohort logs; share group cohort logs with providers; update State ASRH Study Coordinator weekly with enrollment numbers
- Excellent spoken and written Hausa are desirable
- Sensitivity to sociocultural and religious differences is expected
- Muititask and meet deadlines at short notice
- Report writing skills
- Competence with data analysis software including Atlas.ti is desirable
- Degree in Sociology, Health Sciences Research or Biostatistics, Nursing, Public Health is desirable. Master in Public Health, Biostatistics or Sociology is an added advantage
- Experience in qualitative research methods and publication track record are desirable
- Communication and interpersonal skills are critical
- Spoken and written English
How To Apply
Candidates should send their application letter and CV's as One Single word document to: firstname.lastname@example.org with position applied for as the subject
Sorry the application deadline for this job has elapsed