Recruitment at ActionAid Nigeria
ActionAid Nigeria is an affiliate of ActionAid International, an International Non-Governmental organisation registered in The Netherlands
POSITION : Editor
- Girls in Sokoto State have Access to Quality Secondary Education.
- Support the systematisation and institutionalisation of SBMC in Sokoto state, through project pilot in 11 Junior Secondary School (JSS) and 9 Senior Secondary School (SSS) and an approved state policy on institutionalization of SBMC.
- Advocate to government for the institutionalisation of SBMC in Sokoto State
- Support the establishment and running of 24 in-school girls spaces towards improved life and vocational skills for girls in project schools in Sokoto State and linked to the SBMC.
- Women wing of SBMC and four (4) professional bodies work towards girls’ enrolment, retention and improved quality education in 14 Junior Secondary Schools (JSS) and 10 Senior Secondary Schools (SSS) in Sokoto State.
- Increased participation of women in school governance towards improved girls’ education in 14 JSS and 10 SSS in Sokoto state.
- Contribution to knowledge on institutionalisation of SBMC and other factors that enhance quality secondary education for girls in Sokoto state
- Improved learning environment towards girls quality education in 14 JSS and 10 SSS in Sokoto State
- Increased enrollment and retention of girls in 11 JSS and 9 SSS in Sokoto state.
- Improved learning outcomes for 3,458 girls in 11 JSS and 9 SSS in Sokoto state by 2017.
- Increased knowledge and practice on transferable skills acquisition and life skills through functional safe space for 3,458 girls in project schools.
- Functional SBMC in place in 14 JSS and 10 SSS and an approved policy on institutionalization of SBMC in Sokoto State
Editing and Proof-reading of 3 Project Documents
- School Based Management Policy Document - 17 Pages
- School Based Management Guideline Document - 40 Pages
- School Based Management Committee Monitoring Manual - 60 Pages
The Consulting firm/Consultant shall have:
- 8 years’ experience in editing and proof- reading policy documents
- Detail-oriented; demonstrated ability to multi-task and meet client deadlines.
- Have consulted for similar peer organisation. (Details should be stated).
- The consultant will be paid based on the total number of days at the AAN consultancy policy rate.
- Note that ActionAid Nigeria will deduct and remit to the Federal Inland Revenue Service (FIRS) a 5% Withholding Tax from the total consultancy fees in accordance with the Nigerian Tax Law.
- The consultant will be required to provide his or her Tax Identification Number (TIN).
How To Apply
Qualified Consultants/Consulting firms should forward their applications, showing his/her competencies in an expression of interest letter and his/her CV, any other relevant information, demonstrating skill and experience in this area, to:firstname.lastname@example.org cc: Laban.Onisimus@actionaid.org
Sorry the application deadline for this job has elapsed