Mercy Corps, In Nigeria, Mercy Corps operates in over 13 states focusing on key thematic areas of humanitarian response, conflict mitigation and adolescent girls’ empowerment.
POSITIONS : Field Enumerator (Baseline Survey)
- The purpose of the data collection is to provide baseline value and target setting against which the TARE project can monitor and assess its progress and effectiveness during implementation and after the activity is completed.
- The successful individuals will work closely with the TARE project team to mobilize community respondents, conduct personalized interviews and collect site-specific data within identified local communities in Jos North LGA in Plateau state and Jema’a, LGA in Kaduna state.
- Work collaboratively with TARE project and MC M&E team to ensure successful implementation of the baseline study
- Review filled data collection tools to ensure completion and quality of data
- Provide guidance and clarifications at data analysis stage regarding collected data as needed
- Get familiar with data collection tools and study protocol
- Attend study orientation and data collection training
- Conduct TARE baseline data collection in selected communities in Jema’a LGA Kaduna state and Jos North Plateau state.
- Orient and guide the MC project team on likely sensitivities that could affect the usage of the survey tools within the target communities
- Conduct focus group discussions (FGDs) and Key informant interviews (KII) with selected stakeholders in the selected communities
- Play a key role in the mobilization of community respondents for the survey.
- Experience working in the selected communities in Jos North and Jema’a LGAs and have a good understanding of the local dialects is preferred.
- Experience in data collection and analysis using participatory methodology.
- A degree of flexibility to work and availability to respond to comments and questions in a timely and appropriate manner.
- Command over English and Hausa, especially ability to write high quality, clear and concise reports.
- Qualifications in the fields of the Social Sciences, Economics, Development Studies or Statistics.
- Track record in developing and conducting research
- Skills in the use of mobile device for data collection
- Experience in conducting quantitative and qualitative research.
- Candidates residing in Plateau and Kaduna states are eligible to apply.
- Candidates who reside or are familiar with the local communities in the targeted LGAs are strongly encouraged to apply.
How To Apply
Candidates should submit their CV's and Cover Letter(in one document) to: email@example.com
Sorry the application deadline for this job has elapsed