Vacancy for a HR Officer at Oxfam Nigeria
Oxfam an international human development organization. Oxfam Nigeria is recruiting to fill the position below:
POSITION : HR Officer
- Enable the smooth running of Programme operations through efficient administrative support and service.
- Timely and professional communication of progress on recruitment to managers and taking responsibility for all national recruitment actions on behalf of managers or ensuring managers are aware of required actions.
- Ensure all interview plan, communication to candidates, and invitation of panel members and booking of interview rooms are done on time.
- Timely communication to successful candidates and reference check.
- Provide support in issuing offer letters and contracts.
- Ensuring well-balanced gender equity and equality within the area of work, particularly in recruitment/selection and challenge any non-compliance to Oxfam’s strategies and norms.
- Provide administrative support to the recruitment of national staff for Nigeria response and ensure that the recruitment's take place on time and Oxfam standards have been applied for such practices/processes.
- Ensure that personnel files are open and accurate for all new recruited staffs et electronic filing is completed accordingly.
- Effective co-ordination of the leavers process, ensuring that staff have exit interviews, final payments are agreed and processed, equipment returned etc.
- Effective and timely monitoring of dates relating to Probationary Periods, and end of contracts etc
- Ensure effective pay processing through submission of the monthly payroll data and liaison with Human Resources Manager.
- Ensure that all employment contract templates are updated, in line with the local labour law and Oxfam GB’s policy.
- Keep updated the individual files and ensure that information is shared with relevant departments and offices.
- Facilitate and promote pick up and go kits.
Performance Management and Health and Safety:
- Ensure that Oxfam GB’s performance management system is in place in Country, providing training for line managers on elements of this (objective setting / performance reviews) as required.
- Keep track of all internal and external relevant learning opportunities and keep the Line Manager in the loop for better HR planning.
- Ensure that performance management activities are completed on schedule, and regular one-to-ones between staff and managers are taking place across the programme
- Support in ensuring that employee medical records are up to date and that arrangements are facilitated if necessary for any medical treatment that is required.
- Support in ensuring that the medical expenses policy is cost effective and meets staff and organisational needs, and that expenses are managed effectively.
- Ensure that absence (including annual leave and sick leave) is proactively managed
- Monitor staff welfare and health, including balances of annual leave and rates of sickness absence, providing reports to the HR Manager as required.
How To Apply
Candidates should send their application and CV to: firstname.lastname@example.org with position applied for as the subject
Sorry the application deadline for this job has elapsed