Vacancy at Women for Women International for a Poultry Farming Trainer
Women for Women International (WfWI) supports the most marginalized women to earn and save money, improve health and well-being, influence decisions in their home and community and connect to networks for support. By utilizing skills, knowledge, and resources, she is able to create sustainable change for herself, her family, and community.
POSITION : Poultry Farming Trainer
Plan, develop and deliver training in Poultry Production Management principles and practices to groups of Women for Women program participants. Assess the educational level and literacy of the women and deliver training in a manner and language that is appropriate for their understanding and application in their environment and situation.
At the end of the training, the participants will have a better knowledge of poultry production, be able to raise small number of birds successfully, understand how to start small poultry business and the role of effective social network to achieve what an individual may not be able to achieve alone.
Assisting the Economic Empowerment Officer:
- With gathering feedback on courses and assessing training material and tools.
- Assist with reviewing and modifying lesson plans to improve upon training curriculum as needed.
- Deliver poultry vocational skill training and support women take position economic action.
- Collaborate with Social Empowerment Trainers on scheduling to have all participants enter and complete vocational skill training in accordance with the training attendance.
- Collaborate with the Economic Empowerment Officer to conduct pre-training evaluation/assessment and tailor training to meet the participants’ needs to increase their chances of succeeding in their business environment.
- Assess training material needs, take stock/inventory and ensure training equipment and tools needed are readily available.
- Utilize training methods suitable for the target audience with a blend of multiple adult learning and extension techniques to achieve the goal of the program.
- Liaise with the Social Empowerment Officer to contact participants who do not attend sessions and flag any participant that miss more than 2 training sessions to the Economic Empowerment Officer.
- Maintain daily attendance records of participants using the attendance sheets provided by Women for Women International-Nigeria and provide these to the Economic Empowerment Officer at the end of the training.
- Inspire seriousness in the participants regarding the training and program
- Ensure a clean training environment and surrounding at all times.
- Provide business support information (market, funding source, insurance)
- Deliver training to participants in assigned community and maintain skill training group schedule provided by Women for Women International.
- Train women in cooperative according to the standards and requirements’ set by the organization.
- Communicate your findings that need urgent attention to the Economic Empowerment Officer and report on-going progress accordingly to ensure timely response to issues that impact positively on participants’ gains from the training.
- Meet with colleagues to share techniques, strategies, success stories, difficult cases, supplemental materials, etc.
- Asses and ensure participants understanding and desire to apply knowledge and track and report participants’ progress to the Economic Empowerment Officer.
- Provide on-going and by-weekly training update and detailed report at the end of the month.
- Degree in Agricultural Sciences, Agricultural Economics, Animal Husbandry (Poultry) and any other related course
- Ability to work effectively with socially excluded women
- Demonstrated ability to deliver effective results, meet deadlines and achieve targets
- Strong analytical and decision-making skills
- Excellent problem-solver and team player
- Ability to communicate and teach convincingly in Hausa language
- Proven commitment to diversity and equality culture
- Strong working knowledge of Hausa language
- Strong multi-tasking, interpersonal and facilitation skills
- Good customer-service orientation, strong focus and goal oriented
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite especially Word, Excel and PowerPoint packages
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to collect and analyze information and write proper reports.
- Must be resident in Jos, Plateau State
How To Apply
Candidates should send their CV's, Cover letter and 3 professional references to: email@example.com with "Poultry Farming Trainer" as the subject
Sorry the application deadline for this job has elapsed