Job Opportunity at World Health Organization
World Health Organization (WHO) is responsible for providing leadership on global health matters, shaping the health research agenda, setting norms and standards, articulating evidence-based policy options, providing technical support to countries and monitoring and assessing health trends.
POSITION : NPO - Surveillance Executive
- To establish AFP surveillance for monitoring wild poliovirus transmission;
- Strengthen routine immunization and reduce morbidity and mortality from vaccine preventable diseases;
- Achieve accelerated disease control through supplemental activities e.g. measles SIAs;
- Strengthen integrated disease surveillance and response (IDSR).
- Interrupt wild poliovirus transmission and achieve polio eradication in Nigeria;
- Provide technical support in planning, implementation and monitoring of routine immunization activities to increase coverage;
- Provide technical support in planning and monitoring of integrated disease surveillance and response activities.
- Establish a reporting network to strengthen AFP surveillance;
- Provide technical support in planning, implementation, monitoring and evaluation of supplemental immunization activities (e.g. polio, measles etc.) to improve quality;-
- Essential: A Degree in Medicine (MBBS, MBChB, MD)
- Desirable: Post graduate degree in Public Health preferably in epidemiology or other related public health fields
- Essential: Some years field experience in EPI activities after post graduate qualification in government or non-governmental organizations
- Desirable: Experience in an international organization
Skills: knowledge and skills in planning, supervision, monitoring and evaluation.
- Ensuring the effective use of resources
- Driving the Organization's Position in Health Leadership
- Producing results
- Essential: Expert knowledge of English. Expert knowledge of French.
- Desirable: The above language requirements are interchangeable.
- Remuneration comprises an annual base salary starting at NGN18,590,296 (subject to mandatory deductions for pension contributions and health insurance, as applicable) and 30 days of annual leave.
Sorry the application deadline for this job has elapsed