In five3nigeriaLimited we are currently looking for a skilled Managing Editor to oversee our company’s daily publishing operations. You will be reporting only to the
editor in chief and supervise writers, editors and other staff. A managing editor combines the innovativeness of a writer with the practical focus of an operations manager. You should be able to suggest ideas for stories and see them through to publication. We expect excellent organizational and leaderships skills as well as a unique problem-solving ability.
• Plan and manage all daily operations
• Hire, coach and supervise personnel
• Collaborate with editor in chief to determine issues’ content and topics
• Coordinate editorial publications and meetings
• Plan and approve assignments for writers and editors
• Control schedules and enforce deadlines (forwriters, photographers, designers etc.)
• Oversee proofreading procedures and editcopy when necessary
• Assist in evaluating finalized copy for compliance with policies, style and tone
• Resolve issues as they arise
• Attend events on behalf of the company or editor in chief
• Proven experience as managing editor or relevant role
• Exceptional ability in copywriting and editing
• Proficiency in English
• Working knowledge of online platforms like WordPress and SEO concepts
• Abilities in planning and coordinating people and operations
• Excellent organizational and leadership skills
• Outstanding communication and people abilities
• Reliability and efficiency
• Attention to detail
EXPERIENCE: Minimum of 2 years in relevant field.
• QUALIFICATION: Minimum of OND, HND/B.SC in any related fields.
NOTE:- Interested applicant must be a Lagos resident and must not be more than 30years of age.