DAMCO Nigeria, a transportation and logistics solutions company is recruting to fill the position below:
POSITION : Team Lead - Trucking
- Ensure smooth coordination for all deliveries from seaport, airport, warehouse, customers factory and cross border shipments.
- Timely return of empty containers
- Ensure empty containers are returned swiftly after offloading at clients’ warehouse.
- Ensure trucks having difficulties in dropping empty containers are escalated on-time to Head of Operations.
- Timely dispatch of TDOs/ATL and Loading of cargo from all ports and Warehouse
- Ensure the coordination of prompt dispatch of TDOs with all required documents for loading containers from seaport and airport.
- Ensure prompt deployment of procured trucks for loading at port and warehouse.
- Daily reporting on empty container status.
Ensure that delivery takes place within 48 hours after TDO received. Ensure cargo is delivered timely, safely and in right quantity.
Ensure that the right truck is deployed for cargo delivery at all times.
Cost Reduction and Management:
- Ensure daily tracking of all shipments and report on status of trucks location.
- Ensure trucking rates maintain or stays low as possible whilst ensuring reliability and quality trucks.
Prompt Return on EIR:
- Ensure all EIR and waybills are returned within a stipulated time as agreed with management.
- Follow up with the gate team on terminal operation issues.
- Daily update of TrakIT.
- Weekly operations trucking report.
- Build internal and external relationships to ensure smooth operational process
- Ensure that all relevant documents are retrieved from truckers after cargo delivery so as to fast track the invoicing process which in turn will impact working capital cycle.
- Ensure TrakIT is up to-date and accurate.
- A degree from a reputable higher institution.
- 2 years post qualification job experience in relevant field.
- Proactive and able to respond to issues in a timely manner.
- Knowledge of trucking documentation requirements in import and export.
- Knowledge of reliable truckers in Nigeria.
- Knowledge of Customs and Ports working patterns and procedures.
- High level of energy.
- Result oriented.
- Proficiency in the use of Microsoft Office applications.
- Analytical and strategic management skills.
Sorry the application deadline for this job has elapsed