Vacancy for Medical Storekeepers at The International Committee of the Red Cross
The International Committee of the Red Cross (ICRC) an independent humanitarian organisation whose mission is to protect the lives and dignity of victims of armed conflict and other situations of violence and to provide them with assistance.
POSITION : Medical Storekeeper
- Responsible for the maintenance of the medical warehouse as well as its infrastructure (pallets, shelving, electricity and water supply, lighting, air-conditioning)
- Ensure that the room temperature permanently meets the acceptable temperature range. The check and reporting of the minimum, maximum and actual room temperature on monitoring sheet twice a day can be delegated to helpers. But report immediately to the medical logistician in case of alert.
- Ensure that only authorized consignments leave the medical warehouse with appropriate documentation.
- Perform a complete entry inspection of the parcels (quantity, general conditions) and compare with the Waybill.
- Perform a quality control (quantity, packaging, shelf life, labeling, etc.) of all arriving goods and compare with Packing List.
- Take part of any inventory exercise organized by Medical Logistician
- Supervise clean and safe unloading of arriving consignments and check that all consignments are accompanied by their respective Waybills and Packing Lists
- Actively support the Medical Logistician in ensuring the reliability and auditability of medical stocks management
- 2 years of work experience in a similar field
- Additional vocational training in administration, logistics or storekeeping an asset
- Proficient Hausa language and good oral and written English knowledge
- PC literate: Microsoft office. Microsoft Excel is an asset
- Medical knowledge is an asset
- Sense of organization
- Rigor and methodical
- Honesty & integrity
- Able to cope with stressful situations
How To Apply
Candidates should send their Application Letters, CV and contact details of three referees to: ABJ_Recruitment_Services@icrc.org with "Medical Storekeeper ABJ" as the subject
Sorry the application deadline for this job has elapsed