Senior Program Manager(Regional) at KNCV Tuberculosis Foundation
KNCV Tuberculosis Foundation a non-profit non-governmental human development organization fighting against tuberculosis (TB), the deadliest infectious disease in the world. KNCV is recruiting to fill the position below:
POSITION : Regional Senior Program Manager
The Senior Program Manager will supervise Program Officers in Lagos, Ogun, Ondo and Osun states as well as overseeing the activities of the M&E Officer, Account Officer, Technical Advisor PMDT, Assistant Technical Advisor PMDT and Regional Laboratory Advisor in the region, and the Project Coordinator of the Building Models for the Future project and the Active Case-Finding Coordinator. The job holder will report to the KNCV Country Director.
KNCV is the lead partner in Challenge TB (CTB), a USAID-funded 5-year global program to decrease TB mortality and morbidity in high burdened countries. We lead an international consortium with eight partner organizations: American Thoracic Society (ATS), FHI 360, Interactive Research & Development (IRD), Japan Anti-Tuberculosis Foundation (JATA), and Management Sciences for Health (MSH), PATH, The International Union Against Tuberculosis and Lung Disease (The Union), and the World Health Organization (WHO).
The overarching strategic objectives of CTB are to improve access to quality patient centered care for TB, TB/HIV, and MDR-TB services; to prevent transmission and disease progression; and to strengthen TB platforms.
- Provide technical assistance to the National TB Program and the Global Fund planning processes, including structured supportive supervision
- Convene coordination platforms to support collaboration between KNCV and the Global Fund support for State and LGA TB control programs
- Review, analyze and report CTB activities of the various states covered in the region
- Manage communications with all other stakeholders, including the development partners, civil society and other relevant groups
- Monitor & supervise the implementation of CTB project activities in the designated states/LGAs
- Support rigorous monitoring and a strong focus on evaluation system to track the progress of all activities and outputs
- Organize and report monthly on the implementation of the CTB project in the regional states
- Lead regional efforts in operational plan development, project implementation as well as Monitoring and evaluation
- Provide overall supervision for all field office staff in the region
- Provide technical support and oversight to program officers on implementing key intervention areas of CTB activities in designated states/local government areas (LGAs)
- With the assistance of country office staff, monitor all intervention strategies to ensure that they meet administrative, financial and programmatic goals
- Conduct supervision to designated CTB states/LGAs within the region
- Support CTB project rapid assessments, situational analysis, surveys, evaluations and other related research activities
- Support adherence to regulations in line with USAID finance policy
- Perform other additional duties as assigned.
Education: MBBS degree and MPH degree or relevant Master’s degree in a Public Health discipline.
- Competent with operational plan development, implementation and evaluation of results
- Comfortable planning and delivering multiple activities under pressure to strict deadlines and high levels of precision
- Experience working with non-project staff (Government or private health care workers)
- At least 5 years work experience with HIV & TB program at various levels
- Experience with USAID or UN projects or any development partner is an advantage
- Experience working at community level
- Ability to build, lead and supervise teams
- Self-motivated with a strong ability to identify and develop relevant areas of work
- Able to communicate complex issues in a concise, accessible and engaging manner.
- Strong coordination, planning, and supervisory skills
- Competent with project implementation at the state and local government levels
- The salary is dependent upon education and relevant working experience
- KNCV Tuberculosis Foundation has its own Employment Conditions Scheme.
- A full-time (40 hours per week) fixed-term contract for a year, with the intention to extend the contract, depending on funding and performance
- An informal work atmosphere in an international environment where initiative is appreciated
- A highly-motivated team of experienced, self-driven colleagues
Sorry the application deadline for this job has elapsed