World Health Organization (WHO) is responsible for providing leadership on global health matters, shaping the health research agenda, setting norms and standards, articulating evidence-based policy options, providing technical support to countries and monitoring and assessing health trends.
POSITION : State Data Assistant
The objective of the post is to support the WHO data management activities at zonal level and provide evidence driven information for actions aimed at supporting the state to:
- Monitor achievement of recommended surveillance performance indicators for Acute Flaccid Paralysis (AFP), other Vaccine Preventable Diseases as well as other diseases of public health priority as highlighted in Nigeria's Integrated Disease Surveillance and Response (IDSR) strategy.
- Provide evidences through the timely utilization of different data available and guide the program
- Ensure availability of quality, timely, and complete information that guides the surveillance and immunization program
- Diploma in Computer Science, Statistics, Monitoring & Evaluation or data management related field with additional data management training.
- 3 years’ experience in health related data management.
- Experience in data collection, analysis, dissemination, and use of health information for program planning and management.
- Working knowledge of statistical application programs (EPI INFO, SPSS, STATA etc.) and mapping programs (QGIS, ArcGIS, Healthmapper etc)
- Essential: Proficiency in English Language
- Basic knowledge of ICT, mobile and web - based data technology
- Ability to acquire sound knowledge of WHO rules, regulations and procedures. Demonstrated abilities for team-work.
- Ability to establish and maintain good relations with people at various levels and of different background.
- Ensure all disease line lists are up-to date . Copies shared with zones in timely manner
- Provide all round technical data management support during IPDs including pre, intra, and post campaign data management.
- Provide technical support in the administration of ODK checklist and use of ODK.
- Maintain records of all hard copies of documents forwarded to WCO
- Create and secure back-up copies of data in the state.
- Capture, maintain and up-date databases pertaining to each programmatic area in EPI/PEI at state level including SIAs, RI, and surveillance data.
- Maintain and ensure that the hard copy filing of disease CIFs are up to date with lab results within the state offices
- Support the LGA Facilitators to make LGA level entries to the data tools provided from Zonal and National levels
- Assist state coordinator with data presentations, analysis, and interpretation. Prepare reports and disseminate as required to relevant levels
- Provide all round data management support to the state
- Perform other activities as required by the State Coordinator
Sorry the application deadline for this job has elapsed