Cultivating New Frontiers in Agriculture (CNFA) is an international non-profit organization headquartered in Washington, D.C. and Brussels, Belgium with offices in 16 countries throughout Africa, Asia and Eastern Europe.
Job Title: Agribusiness Specialist
- CNFA is currently seeking an Agribusiness Specialist on the Feed the Future Nigeria Agribusiness Investment Activity. The position will be based in Nigeria.
- The Agribusiness Specialist will work closely with technical teams to improve the legal and regulatory environment, investment promotion, and access to finance ecosystem to enhance the business enabling environment and foster private-sector investment in agricultural and agribusiness infrastructure
Duties and Responsibilities
- The Activity will address the constrains that hinder the overall agricultural business environment in Nigeria and improve the levels of agriculture-related investments.
- The Agribusiness Specialist will support activities in the following areas:
- Promotion of smart and efficient policy and regulations within the agricultural finance sector,
- Mitigation of credit risks of agribusinesses and improvement in the services provided by financial institutions to agribusinesses, and
- Strengthen the readiness of agribusinesses to access and manage investments.
- Minimum of ten (10) years of relevant, progressively responsible experience is required;
- Proven track record in the developing, analyzing, and implementing projects focused on agribusinesses, agricultural finance, and agricultural value chains is required;
- Master's degree, or higher, in economics, agricultural economics, business administration, or a related field, is required
- Demonstrated experience in facilitating private-sector investments and familiarity with Nigerian and/or West African government legal and regulatory frameworks is required;
- Experience in Sub-Saharan Africa, or Africa as a whole, is an advantage;
- Experience effectively backstopping and reinforcing long- and short-term specialists, maintaining rigorous focus on project indicators and results, and the management and engagement of stakeholders to capitalize on any shared efficiencies is required; and;
- Excellent oral and written communication skills in English is required, knowledge of local languages is an advantage.
How To Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should click the link below to apply;
Sorry the application deadline for this job has elapsed