Youth Alive Foundation (YAF) is a non-profit Civil Society Organization established in 2002 with offices in Abuja, Lagos and Akwa Ibom states. YAF’s mission is to play a significant role in facilitating a just, equitable and fair society where all youths can have access to social, economic and political opportunities. YAF seeks to redefine the role and contribution of the Nigerian youth in the governance and development processes in the country.
YAF is seeking an Accountant to manage the organization’s accounting functions.
Location: Abuja, FCT
- Administer the accounts payable and accounts receivable process.
- Correspond with vendors and respond to inquiries to resolve billing discrepancies
- Process, post and review deposits, Bank transactions, transfers and credit card transactions
- Review financial transactions and accounting of grant disbursements to ensure compliance with accounting and procurement standards
- Develop and maintain time reporting system to allocate payroll expenses to various funding sources and programs
- Perform account reconciliations including bank reconciliations and balance sheet accounts and resolve discrepancies between bank and company records.
- Conduct month‐end balancing of various accounts and prepare journal entries and account adjustments to correct deficiencies
- Prepare standard and custom reports and conduct various detailed financial analysis on a monthly, quarterly and annual basis for management, the Board of Trustees and funders.
- Assist with implementing and maintaining internal financial controls and financial procedures
- Assist with the annual year‐end audit process and provide outside auditors with documentation and analyses in response to requests for financial information
- Prepare and submit grant funding reimbursement requests to funders providing proper documentation to ensure prompt payment
- Analyse financial information to recommend or develop efficient use of resources and procedures, provide strategic recommendations and maintain solutions to business and financial problems.
• Minimum qualification is a BSc in Accounting.
• Minimum of 3 years’ experience working in accounts and financial administration is required.
• Experience managing donor funds preferred
Method of Application
Applicants should forward a one page suitability statement on why they are a good fit for the job and a resume with referees’ contact details by email to: email@example.com and copy firstname.lastname@example.org
- The job requires an immediate start.
- Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted for follow up and interview.
- Only Electronically submitted applications via email will be entertained
- Subject line of emails must clearly state the Job Title of position applied for.
- YAF encourages applications from women, people with disabilities, and young people meeting the above qualifications.
Sorry the application deadline for this job has elapsed